Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Monster tach...update

Old 06-03-2002, 03:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2004 Tiburon GT

Shadohh:
I know he has a tach, because its a GT.[/b]
What if he stripped his interior and doesn't have a tach anymore?

all the autometer tachs goto 10k, specially with shiftlight, they make them for the RICE in mind
And what about this one? Isn't it made by Autometer? And it has a shiftlight too. I am not even going into smaller ones. This is the biggest you can find. 5"!

so BlueGT you aregument was lame.
Looks like YOUR arguments are lame since I gave you the valid counter-arguments. Anyways, it seems like you are an ignorant person who doesn't consider other people's arguments. So I am not gonna argue with you. The whole point is that I don't see how my arguments are lame.

I agree with you on 10K RPMs because our cars will not rev that high. But I was considering the one on the picture which goes to 8K just like the factory one.
Besides, some people want to buy Playback Tachometers or the ones with memory to analyze their RPM's after running at the track. Did you ever think about that?
Old 06-03-2002, 04:12 AM

Shadohh:
It "MIGHT" be stretched as a safety thing, but its so freaking big, I would think its a DOT violation more then anything.
LMAO!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-03-2002, 04:49 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Tiburon GT

i think rice is in the eye of the beholder, im sure everyone has stuff on there car that someone else would conisder rice so stop being a dick
Old 06-03-2002, 09:05 AM

Its funny BlueGT all your arguements are based on WHAT IFS.

You have still not given me a valid reason why to have a monster tach in your car.
And that all I originally asked!

5inch is HUGE crist boy. Maybe you need to pull out a measuring stick a look at how big 5inches is.

I do apologize for sounding like a dick, its just I know alot of read take what ya read in these tuner magazines as truth and you go buy it. And when they list 10krpm tachs under a performance section. god....

Does it come in yellow? Thats adds 20+ hp smile.gif ad another 2hp at night if it has indiglow smile.gif

Yeah perhaps if the car is stripped..
But thats a WHAT IF
I doubt it.

Do they come bigger to compensate for the lack of horsepower? 5inch for 150hp or less, 10inch for 90hp or less? tongue.gif
Old 06-03-2002, 03:16 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

Hey...everyone. Back the hell off and play nice.

He didn't ask for opinions, he asked for help.

He wants the tach, either help him install the tach or read my sig.
Old 06-03-2002, 07:14 PM

Yes...Yes... you are correct Random.

I apologize to wit2003.

So tell us?

Did ya get it installed?

Any problems we can help with?

Got any pics to show us? smile.gif
Old 06-05-2002, 12:27 PM

First of i just read this thread cause ive been busy at work. And shadohh, you couldn't be any further from the truth than you already are. If you wanna consider anything that i have "rice" by all means go ahead. I dont give a flying fvck. Im sure there are things in your car that are "ricey". And just as random said, i wasn't asking for opinions, i was merely helping a fellow team member to install his own tach and i figured that if i told him what i had done then maybe he would have been able to get it working. And for your information the fact that i have the tach that goes to 10k is because thats pretty much where all the tachs run up to because they are universal, so just cause its in my car doesn't mean thy have to go make one that will read to the exact RPM that the factory one reads. Also the reasons i got this tach were because i wanted the shift light and also because the factory tach was not really reading accurately, so that just throws your whole arguement about it being there to add horsepower out the window.

http://24.128.218.194:90/upload/accent/ima...side%20view.JPG
Old 06-05-2002, 05:12 PM

::laughs:: hey man!! dont get me start again, I will burn you....let it lay!!

You picture is enough smile.gif to prove my point
Old 06-05-2002, 05:33 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

Okay, since you two can't place nice...thread closed. If this thread get's re-started, I expect everyone to stay ON topic, and stop throwing around the 'Type-R' (rice).