Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Monster tach...update

Old 05-11-2002, 06:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Monster tach...update

Well i finally got my tach to work right. What i did was spliced into #47 from the ECM for the signal like was said. Well after doing that the tach still didn't work right, so i tried different combinations of the 2 little wires(blue and brown) on the back of the tach(8 cyl, 6 cyl,..etc). Well Autometer told me to cut both wires and run the tach as a 4 cyl 1 pulse. I did this and it did not work so i reconnected the blue wire and this fixed the problem for the most part. What was actually happening was that the autometer tach would match the stock tach until about 4000 rpm and then would just drop off and bounce around. At this point i disconnected the blue wire and reconnected just the brown wire(blue wire unconnected, brown wire connected) and started up the car and had a match all the way around with no jumpy needle. So basically i needed to run the tach as a 4 cyl 2 pulse. I dont know if this will be the same for others, i have a 97 accent GT. Hope this helps out.
Old 05-14-2002, 12:10 PM

Coming from my coils i have a green, redish-brown, and white wire. No Blue?, My tahc is
APC and i don't have a 1 or 2 pulse setting on it only 4,6,8 cylinder. any Ideas would be great
Old 05-14-2002, 06:31 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

Set up the tachs for a 4 cylinder 2 pulse or an 8 cylinder single pulse, they work out to the same thing.
Old 05-16-2002, 11:51 AM

cool
Old 05-30-2002, 11:44 PM

on 8 cylinder tried all of the lines, it only reads off 1/4, meaning that 4 cylinder 2 pulse is the same as 2 cylinder. I'm gonna have to try pin 47 its my only other option.
Old 05-31-2002, 12:05 AM

If you have an autometer tach. Then try hooking it up to pin #47 from the ECU and only cut the little blue wire on the back of the tach, leave the brown wire connected(or reconnect it if you have cut it already). If you check on www.hmaservice.comwebtech that should have the color wire that your lookin for from the ecu. Depending on the year of your car i might be able to look it up in the manual that i have. Just let me know.

Just saw that you have a 2k1 tiburon. Let me check my buddies car and i will let you know if i find anything.
Old 06-02-2002, 10:26 PM

the tach i have is apc, i know, but it's indiglo. i only have one signal wire coming out, power wires are already properly installed. the ecu is my only hope.
Old 06-02-2002, 10:31 PM

remind me again the point of a monster tach that goes to 10k?

Do you think the engine will ever goto 10rpm? 8k maybe, but the standard tach can do it.

Sorry, but the monster tach is about as RICE as you can get. I mean, its not like you have a spoon engine in the car with a 9k redline that makes sense to have a 10k rpm tach.

I was looking at some stupid tuner mag and listed under perforemance mods MONSTAER TACH 10K RPM RICESPORTS OIL CAP AND RADIATOR CAP AND CAI AND SPARK PLUG WIRES. I see CAI as perf, nothing else.
Old 06-03-2002, 01:09 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Tiburon GT

First of all, who said that it goes to 10K?
And what if his car didn't have a tachometer in the first place? huh?
And even if it had, what if he wants to have one with a shift light? Or he wants it to be placed conveniently?
I don't have an aftermarket tachometer, but I would consider getting one because I cannot see the tachometer needle when it's in the upper RPM's b/c of the steering wheel. Right now my steering wheel is in the lowest position and I don't want to put it higher. So a nice tachometer placed in a space where I can easily see the neddle throughout all RPM's or a shiftlight would not hurt me.
And if you say it's rice, I don't care. Because it's for my convenience and safety. It's safer because you can look at the road all the time and the shiftlight will tell you when to change gears.
Old 06-03-2002, 01:30 AM

I know he has a tach, because its a GT.

you can buy a shiftlight with a big ****ing 10rpm tach.

all the autometer tachs goto 10k, specially with shiftlight, they make them for the RICE in mind smile.gif

so BlueGT you aregument was lame.

It "MIGHT" be stretched as a safety thing, but its so freaking big, I would think its a DOT violation more then anything.

certainly impairs my vision, and I can see the tach in a 97 gt jsut fine as well as ina 2000 tiburon. oh wait I think I can see 8krpm...but the car does not rev that high smile.gif