Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Mods that might void warrant?

Old 06-01-2002, 10:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mods that might void warrant?

I'm guessing that the following would cause a violation of the warranty, correct?:

Turbocharger
NOS
Un-C.A.R.B'd items
Engine swap

Anymore? need feedback, I know that some dealerships are more leniant then others but I'm just seeing what would be the worse case scenario as far as if they were just total a-holes ya know, alright thx!
Old 06-01-2002, 10:59 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

Some are a-holes to the point that a CAI or Cat back voids the warranty. It really depends on the dealer.
Old 06-02-2002, 01:46 AM

yeah, it really depends on your service manager. Try and get in good with him and you'll be set. Of course if you get a aftermarket exhaust and you take it in for repair because your exhaust is rattling, that'll be quite stupid. But if you have a CAI and you take it in for a cracked door or something, they HAVE to replace it.(and yes, both true stories that were told to me by my service manager wink

As long as the problem isn't caused by the aftermarket part, they shouldn't have a problem with it.
Old 06-02-2002, 01:49 AM

Vehicle: Ex Hyundai Owner

Engine swap
lol, sorry but that was funny, I mean if you swap the engine? what do you want warranted?