Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

MAF to MAP????????

Old 01-03-2003, 02:52 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

Well, If he REALLY wanted to. He could buy a European, Austraulian, or Asian spec intake manifold, MAP sensor, and ECU, then wire splice himself blind to get it to work with the USA spec wire loom.

But he'd still be stuck with a MAP sensor that won't register much above 5-10 PSI of pressure without triggering a CEL. He would also STILL have to add some form of Piggy Back ECU to handle proper fueling under boost.... rolleyes.gif

That's why the Stand Alone system is easier.

[ January 03, 2003, 09:56 AM: Message edited by: Random ]
Old 01-03-2003, 04:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Had 96 Elantra Wagon

Well without letting the complete cat out of the bag I am working on a Piggy Back Fuel Computer project that works with a Add on MAP Sensor a 3 bar MAP Sensor, and it still retains the MAF before the Turbo. I just need someone with a Hyundai to let me wire it in and go for a ride. I know it will work with my Hyundai which is MAF (and Mitsu based) and it works on Hondas as well, Just need a Beta Turbo to put it on.
Old 01-03-2003, 07:28 AM

Well if I know my "BUD" wink like I know him, He will find a way to get the stuff that he needs..... I wouldn't mind reading up on the subject just to have a bit more knowledge on something else. So when my "BUD" is ready we can be familiar with it.
Old 01-06-2003, 07:34 AM

Stand alone is not the "only" way to convert MAF to MAP. If you can find an HKS VPC(vien pressure converter) you can convert MAF to MAP. Problem is that VPC's are not marketed anymore so you have to proably find one used. Plus is has to be calibrated to injector volume.