Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

looking for pistons

Old 10-30-2002 | 03:15 AM

Default looking for pistons

i am looking for forged pistons. i am told that if i get them then i will have to have machine work done to my block to make them fit.
are there any pistons out there that will fit? the reason i want forged pistons is i am running nos and want to go with a bigger shot, also later in the future i want to go turbo.
i know these engines can handle about 9psi with stock pistons, i want to try for 11 or 12psi.
Old 10-30-2002 | 03:55 PM

Try ARIAS forged pistons. If you are going to replace the pistons you may as well go and get some rods too.
Old 11-01-2002 | 07:01 AM

If you want to replace your pistons now then you need to decide what you want down the road. Pistons for nitrous should be high compression while for Turbo you would want low compression. Also if you plan to do the pistons you might as well do the rods at the same time. It would cost you more up front but would save you a ton of labor down the road. HKS has pistons but they are $$$$, Ross makes pistons for the 2.0L. If you really do want to do turbo later then save up the extra $700 and do the rods at the same time, you will not regret it later.
Old 11-01-2002 | 07:22 AM

Well, that a interesting posiition you are in. If you get fforged for turbo you will want to go 9:1 or 8:1 or some place inbetween. Now if you want pistons now for nos and dont want to put the turbo int ill later, you will sacrifice N/A since ya just lowered compression.

Rods are good for 350hp. Question is turbo or nos, you gonna be going over that?
Old 11-01-2002 | 07:32 AM

Suprgtrs_man:
If you want to replace your pistons now then you need to decide what you want down the road. Pistons for nitrous should be high compression while for Turbo you would want low compression. Also if you plan to do the pistons you might as well do the rods at the same time. It would cost you more up front but would save you a ton of labor down the road. HKS has pistons but they are $$$$, Ross makes pistons for the 2.0L. If you really do want to do turbo later then save up the extra $700 and do the rods at the same time, you will not regret it later.
HKS United States does not sell pistons for the beta...

Korea does... but youll need a hook up for that
Old 11-01-2002 | 08:09 AM

i am using nos now but i do want turbo later. so if i get the pistons for turbo now, what will i sacrifice by using nos until i get the turbo or is that something i should'nt do?
also of the subject, i just got an msd digital dis-4. i understand which wires go from the msd itself but which wires do they go to on the car?
i am trying to retard my timing for a higher shot of nos.
msd told me i could use this for my car even though it is made for a 6 cylinder i just dont have to use all the wires from the box itself.
Old 11-01-2002 | 01:01 PM

If you get low compression turbo pistons now, you will sacrifice N/A power, now.