Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Lambda signal tuning (SMT)

Old 12-18-2002 | 01:45 AM

Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring
Default Lambda signal tuning (SMT)

I was wanting a way to measure my A/F ratio while driving and using my nitrous. I am going to have a laptop hooked up to the SMT and program it while I'm driving.
The SMT says that it has "Lambda signal tuning". Does that mean that all I have to do is buy the sensor and attach it to my exhaust and it will map out the a/f chart for me?
Is this the best way to go for A/F tuning? Or should I just buy a completely seperate metering system like the one Cheuk mentioned: http://www.mwignitions.com/
Old 12-18-2002 | 02:07 AM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

The UEGO would be perfect for tuning. The "stock" o2 sensor would not be up to the job.

You would have to contact Perfect Power (Makers of the SMT line of products) to find out of the SMT is compatable with the UEGO signal, or if it requires a signal from a "stock" o2 sensor.
Old 12-18-2002 | 05:00 AM

The SMT can be used for Lambda tuning. If you buy a wide band o2 sensor you could use that as long as the signal is within the range of 0-10 volts DC. I just finished reading the Developer's Manual for the SMT line, that's the reason I know that. I have a third O2 sensor on my 2k1 Accent. That is what I will be using once I get everything put together. Right now I'm using the MAP sensor for tuning.

Hope this helps.

BTW, PerfectPower is gonna be closed until after the new year. Just thought I would share that.
Old 12-18-2002 | 05:03 AM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

the UEGO uses a 0-5V signal, so it would work just fine with the SMT line (using the information provided by Lobert!) (Thanks Lobert!)
Old 12-19-2002 | 03:33 AM

They going to use the UEGO for street tuning on their own?

I suppose that could work as long as the sensor has the proper resolution.