Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Korean spec Tiburon

Old 01-30-2004 | 01:31 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Well, I have a friend that is bringing his Tib back right now, he's up at Camp Casey in Tongduchon, and is a Civilian Contractor working at the MILES warehouse. He said he gets all the same stuff as the Mililtary and there is only a few things to change out to get it here. Guages have to be changed, the speedo calibrated for MPH, and a few other stupid things. SOFA covers you guys too so you are in luck.

What would I get done?

TURBO. David has his done over there and has NO problems at all. I'd purchase the hard to buy things over there and get the Turbo it's self and US Made parts from here. The usual stuff man, get some strut bars, center bar, rice, some lights, more rice, soy sauce...

Damnit.

LOL

Send me some Kimchee mang.
Old 01-30-2004 | 06:13 PM

My Mustang is a 69. I've got a 390GT motor in it with a 4 speed Toploader Transmission and a 9 inch rearend. Everybody loves that car.

I bought my Tib for $5,500 and its got the upper front strut bar installed already, has coilover shocks, cold air injection setup, this HUGE tach on the dash, and a couple of stickers for that extra hidden power.

My folks are sending me a couple of manuals for this car, each costing like $45 a piece. Think I'll put this car on a lift and see what I have to do to the exhaust system to make it legal in the states.

btw, this car is very low, I'll post some pics when the weather gets nicer here. I'm also going to buy some 16 inch rims and some 205/45/16's. I do have to adjust the camber though, know about good place I can get this car aligned over here?
Old 01-30-2004 | 06:17 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Uhm, where is Chunchon again? LOL

To be honest, email David, he's over there and could help you out the most. You wanna see some of the potential of the Tib? Check his out, one of the nicest I've seen.

joonie78@hotmail.com

EDIT!

You have access to the post office right?

I need soju...

LOL