Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Kore Intake Manifold Machining? Onpol? Powder Coating? Ceramic Coating?

Old 01-03-2003, 08:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul
Default Kore Intake Manifold Machining? Onpol? Powder Coating? Ceramic Coating?

Ok, I suddenly remembered yesterday that I'm in Korea.

Yeah, stupid eh?

Anyways, I've got another 7.5 months here before I head back to the US and thought... Maybe I should get my IM done while I'm gone? My Tib is stored at my Dad's place, and he's one of those old muscle car guys from the late 60's early 70's. He loves the Tib, is an all around car guy, and has all the tools for about any job. He's got a Model T and a Model A Ford (The A is being rebuilt, the T has won some car show prizes), and he's an engineer for Burlington Northern & Santa Fe Railroad. He's got the know how and tools to take my IM off, and with me into cars now, he'd be more than happy to help out.

I was previously in on the group chain for Onpol's TB & IM work, but when I left, that fell apart along with the old forums. Now I've noticed that Kore offers IM Manifold Machining, and they also Powder Coat it the color you want for $150 total.

Has anyone had their IM done by Kore yet? If so, please tell me what all they do, and the quality of their work, also, shipping charges for the IM if you can. Pics would be appreciated.

Now, if all that Kore really does is get the TB opening machined to what size you want and then Powder Coat it, I'm going to go with Onpol. Since I'm doing all my engine blue and silver, I need to find out how much Powder Coating goes for, or alternatively, Ceramic Coating. A place in Albuquerque or elsewhere in NM would be great as shipping would be nil.

Lastly, anyone who's had their IM done by Onpol, how much was shipping and what was their turn around time?

Thanks for the help all.
Old 01-04-2003, 06:16 AM

i can powder coat ur IM for free basically for u ....

all u have to do is pay for the powder and shipping and maybe a lil more $$ for my trouble dunno about my turnaround though since my buddy started doin this he has been backed up and its winter here
Old 01-04-2003, 10:08 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

I'll keep that in mind Viper, I need to find out the rest first. Thanks!