Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Jerky Auto Tranny

Old 07-24-2005, 01:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 97 Tib

Dude, you started a whole like 3 page thread on being serious about keeping the auto tranny.
Everyone agreed that the ONLY way to do it is to get that levelten kit, and there were even mixed opinions on that. But it's the only thing that really even has a chance.
With I/H/P/E/TQ, that damn Hyundai AT won't last more than a few months before it starts to slip and you have MAJOR problems.
At least the PTS kit had some potential.
With just I/H/P you will not have any problems....but what's the point, you know it's going to be SLOW without the TQ and/or PTS, so why mod it otherwise..

BTW All bolt-ons "free up" horsepower, they make your engine more effecient, thus the increase in HP.
Old 07-24-2005, 01:47 AM

On other threads too. haha.gif

PTS kit is costly, and so is the TQ and tranny cooler. It's the only way to get any kind of performance out of the AT. I figured I'd take the cheaper route (TQ/Cooler), but I guess it'd be more costly in terms of keeping the tranny.=x LOL

Finally understand better where you're coming from via IM. Just seemed like you would say one thing, then say another. I've got to get more info on the PTS though. Maybe I'll give em a call..

Can't wait to take my car to the track though after PTS/TQ/cooler goes in. Probably sometime in the fall when it's cooler out. I don't really know of any strips around here though. Anyone want to help a brother out?

I need to get some sleep.
Old 07-24-2005, 01:43 PM

Alright guys, keep it on topic smile.gif
Old 07-24-2005, 01:50 PM

Will do. Last thing I'll say is that in my experiences with the tranny in the RD, it's jerky.