Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Intake manifold

Old 06-25-2011 | 02:43 AM
DCL

Vehicle: Coupe Gen 1
Default Intake manifold

Hey guys. First post here. I know this has prolly been asked a thousand times but where do you all get your intake manifolds from? Im from the uk and have a coupe 2.0l got a full exhaust system on and cai at the moment and need a new manifold and throttlebody. Cheers guys.
Old 06-25-2011 | 03:53 PM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

The only upgraded intake manifold is called the AirRam and they are no longer made. A used one will run you $500-900 depending on the seller. Throttle bodies are available, have a search here there are loads of related topics.
Old 06-25-2011 | 04:53 PM

Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

Clarification: the Airam was the only mass produced aftermarket manifold made.

An intake manifold, assuming you actually need one, can be made for far less than the Airam ever costed. The stock TB inlet is the restriction. So cutting that off and welding on a larger flange would be the first and least expensive improvement. A next step would be to cut the runners short and weld on a custom plenum.

And the most expensive option would be to make an entirely new manifold complete with head flange, runners, and injector ports.

Since this is ur first post, what makes you think you need a manifold or throttle body upgrade? Those are last on the list of upgrades.
Old 06-26-2011 | 02:16 AM
DCL

Originally Posted by Stocker
The only upgraded intake manifold is called the AirRam and they are no longer made. A used one will run you $500-900 depending on the seller. Throttle bodies are available, have a search here there are loads of related topics.

Alright man thanks i'll do some digging up.

Originally Posted by JonGTR
Clarification: the Airam was the only mass produced aftermarket manifold made.

An intake manifold, assuming you actually need one, can be made for far less than the Airam ever costed. The stock TB inlet is the restriction. So cutting that off and welding on a larger flange would be the first and least expensive improvement. A next step would be to cut the runners short and weld on a custom plenum.

And the most expensive option would be to make an entirely new manifold complete with head flange, runners, and injector ports.

Since this is ur first post, what makes you think you need a manifold or throttle body upgrade? Those are last on the list of upgrades.

My cars currently off the road due to a front end smash and im just doing as many mods as posssibe really the now and thought if an intake manifold were avaiabale there must be some gain from it. Heres my coupe: Link to other post here

EDIT:

I found this just by searching:

Manifold

Would my original TB fit in it? Im really clueless when it comes to intakes.
Old 06-26-2011 | 06:03 AM

That's a stock ported manifold and I'd be leery due to the fact they can't even put a pic of a Hyundai im

Heck you might as well take yours off and have a local machine shop port it and save some down time

If you port a im and not get a larger tb you pretty much spent money on nothing

And finally, as I've said in the past, na mods are useless, get some nawz for $450 and make 50% more power
Old 06-26-2011 | 08:57 PM
Super Moderator

^ on this platform, I almost have to agree. Small gains are to be had, but you will do MUCH better on a dollars-per-horsepower basis by going straight to a quality nitrous setup . . . or contact Turbosocks for a bolt-on turbocharger setup, because if you get nitrous you will want to go faster still, which means nitrous is an intermediate step . . .
Old 06-26-2011 | 11:32 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

N/A mods are useless, but they're still nice if you want to brisk through town.

Heck you might as well take yours off and have a local machine shop port it and save some down time

i agree.

every single tiburon turbo that i've seen in 7.5 years on the forums have had major malfunctions, parted, or sold their tiburons because of the headache and problems. as simple as it sounds, fiddling with that stuff without any help or aftermarket support is not worth it.

i have always thought that N/A is the best way but you have to go all the way. ported I/H/E, cams, pulleys, carbon hood, light rims, lightweight clutch..etc. some of these parts like the TB for example are super hard to find though. many of them are found by being on the forums everyday until someone sells something. otherwise, nothing is made anymore. the last airram intake went for $800USD. from what i know, there are a lot of specialized shops in U.K. that can port your manifolds.
Old 06-27-2011 | 12:27 AM

Vehicle: 13 Gen Coupe Ult.

Originally Posted by HyundaiKitCoupe
every single tiburon turbo that i've seen in 7.5 years on the forums have had major malfunctions, parted, or sold their tiburons because of the headache and problems. as simple as it sounds, fiddling with that stuff without any help or aftermarket support is not worth it.

I boosted mine, Yea i had some small issues( wrong Firmware on the FIC, Small amounts of Ghost knock from knock sensor) yet, now all is swell and i personally know 3 other boosted Hyundai's that have had issues but the same owner who boosted it is still driving it, but you probably shouldnt boost a car if your gonna be too big of a b*tch to work through them and sort them out, that is kinda part of the project!!!

I just had to take a second and let you know EVERY SINGLE TIBURON that is turboed has NOT HAD MAJOR MALFUNCTIONS. GOT PARTED OR SOLD!
Old 06-27-2011 | 01:21 PM
DCL

So my best bet is to just port my intake manifold and get or adjust a better throttle body.

I have been thinking about nitrous, is there any DIY installs anyone has done on a beta1 engine?
Old 06-27-2011 | 01:36 PM

Vehicle: 13 Gen Coupe Ult.

Yes, nitours is super easy to install, just a few wires and depending on the kit, you will have to tap the Feed line for fuel!

I suggest the Zex kit 82021!!

HERE

Comes with everything you need, only other things i would suggest are a Blow down tube, and a bottle heater!