Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Intake Manifold

Old 07-07-2005 | 09:00 AM

^^But isn't the air ram a bit overkill for NA? I would've thought that the smaller inlet and plenum chamber would be more ideal if not going turbo. (plus...about $400 cheaper haha)
Old 07-07-2005 | 09:12 AM

No way to know unless some would want to be the guinea pig. But the price different would really make you have to look at this one twice if it does fit.
Old 07-07-2005 | 09:26 AM

I am going to stay NA, I have the AirRam and Maintec Racing Headers, and 61mm TB, I don't feel is overkill in any way... on the opossite, I like my car so much more now, but I haven't done any dynos yet. Right now I have a problem with oil pump, after I solve that (and recover myself from that spending) I'll dyno my car and tell you.
Old 07-07-2005 | 09:34 AM

Another thing I actually just found that is quite interesting is this...and this does in fact say it fits 1997-2001 hyundai tiburons, and this could be a good find I'm thinking...

LSD ANYONE?
Old 07-07-2005 | 09:50 AM

Thats just like the Phantom LSD. I think that is the correct name. Not really an LSD, more of a bandaid.
Old 07-07-2005 | 09:51 AM

Vehicle: 2008/Hyundai/Tiburon gt

i got the airram with 272 in/ext cams rside bbtb, and juntos 4-2-1 headers and 2 days ago i changed the fuel pump with a holly 255 lph " in prperation for a turbo" from summit part# HLY-12-918. the jack is the same no cutting needed at all i should have taken some pic but i frogot to sad.gif the only thing you must do to it is use cable ties "good one" on it one around the top and long ways around the pump it self. also for extra insurance on the pump bracket i drilled a extra holes and used wire to sucure it that way it slide back into the bracket in the tank. use SS wire as extra insurance if the cable ties get old and brake.... but let me tell you the whole car seem diffrent its got more pull it seems and just wont stop... i thought it would not make a diffrence but i was wrong about that. i set the fuel pressure 5 pounds over stock. no black smoke no cel nothing.i just thougt i would share that with you guys.. i am very happy with it and it should work for you guys also. if i am wrong i am sure my rd brother will set me straight.. fing02.gif

sorry way off topic

as for the mainafold that wont work for shit its to long for us unless you chop it and re-weld it it could work. you might have to drill/tap some holes for vacum lines and the famous isc motor..over here it seem to me that alot of the N/A people use there stock intake 1. they cant find airram 2. no money 3. they know something that i dont. "wouldn't be the first" but now most of the korean's here are going turbo. but as for frankinstine intakes i have never seen one on the streets here..

FYI Airram went out of business.
Old 07-07-2005 | 09:56 AM

How much did you pay for the pump? You can get a Walbro 255lph that actually fits without rigging it for about $90.
Old 07-07-2005 | 10:10 AM

Vehicle: 2008/Hyundai/Tiburon gt

ahhhhhhhhh shit! $159 from summit but u know the strange thing ultra.. the pump was made by walbro, and when i searched there site they did not have one

its a lot "rounder" then the stock pump

do we have a part## on that on, boss
Old 07-07-2005 | 10:22 AM

Part number is "P528". You can buy it a Fuel-Pumps.net for $100.80+ shipping (thats where I got mine). It is the Walbro 255LPH pump and comes with a new filter bag that goes on the bottom of the pump.
Old 07-07-2005 | 11:07 AM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

summit racing is very expensive!!

i don't think any acura/honda intake manifolds fit. aren't their engines reversed onto the other side of the car? i remember recalling my best friend's accord engine was soo wierd...