Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Installing Exhaust...

Old 04-30-2005, 09:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

alright so everythings hooked up , and it sounds frickin awsome. LOUD.

I did end up having to buy a new 02 sensor from advance auto parts, $60 , the one in the header was damn well stuck.

It's raining up here in da roc today so not a good picture day, plus the engine and car is duuurty. so i'll clean it up and post here with pics monday (slave labor @ my job 2morrow)

gonna go reset my ecu b/c my cel came on when i didn't have the sensors connected in. but the headers have been broken in and turned gold already.

oh, and HEADER FITMENT SUCKS MY DOGS NUTS. (they do fit, just EXTREMELY TIGHT.... , ) and you do have to take out radiator to pop them in.
Old 04-30-2005, 03:02 PM

You had to take the radiator out? wtf? no way man! It goes in without taking it out!
Old 04-30-2005, 03:48 PM

QUOTE (OdessitPashka @ Apr 30 2005, 04:02 PM)
You had to take the radiator out? wtf? no way man! It goes in without taking it out!

i had to pull it also, but all i did was unbolt the top mounts, and pull it up about 2 inch's without unhooking anything, slid right in with that extra few inch's.

that last sentance sounds dirty......
Old 05-10-2005, 09:16 AM

^^ yea i did the same thing monoxide.

well after a few days of driving around with the new exhaust:

* it sounds a bit buzzy at around 2k-3.5k RPMs

* huge gains in the high rpm range ,

* love the sound w/o the buzzing.

I am probably going to be getting an extension to make the muffler stick out from the body a little bit more, just a touch b/c it's scraping and you cant see the "MOTORIA" on the tip without looking under the car.

Anyways i did take some pictures so feast ur eyez.

check out my garage too i'm adding some new picz there! yes , different than above ^^.

Also, does anyone else have the problem of the bolts falling out after you have tightened them EXTREMELY tight??? my system is around 2500watts so idk if that has something to do with but i feel like i constantly am having to goto the hardware store and get new bolts. on top of that i already did drop my exhaust once, luckily the other times this did happen the other bolts didn't fall out.

My CEL is still on, i have reset the ECU 2 times. Drive for a bit and the f*cker comes right back on. Any suggestions? I have read the TECH article at importshark it states that it should go away in about a week, but that sucker is still on....

Anyways, hope yall likey... and thnx for the help!!
Old 05-10-2005, 09:28 AM

I had problems with the bolts coming off with my KRD too. I had to go back to the muffler shop and they replaced the bolts. Good luck with the infamous CEL problem..my CEL still contiues to come on
Old 05-10-2005, 11:34 AM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

that o2 sensor (the first) in your header runner (far right) is causing CEL. Nothing is wrong with it, it's just the placement. Because it is only in one runner he reading is a 1/4 of the total airflow (and a 1/4 of the total 02) so your CEL is on because only a quarter of the air is being read.

Some have solved the problem by plugging that o2 sensor and having a new one welded at the 2-1 fork. Do you still have your cat? If you eliminated the cat, your CEL is because of that as well. (meaning you will have two codes).
Old 05-10-2005, 11:58 AM

Did you plug in all of your sensors back in? I have the same setup and no CEL here smile.gif
Old 05-10-2005, 02:31 PM

Be careful with SSAutoChrome.

You have been warned:
http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1073443
http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1097918

FYI: XS Power = SSAutoChrome
Old 05-10-2005, 02:48 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

We know they suck... its just that for exhausts/headers its much harder to screw up on the design. The welds are decent enough to hold up, and they flow freely. I would never touch a turbo, or anything complex, from SSAutochrome.
Old 05-10-2005, 02:53 PM

damm

thats very sad.... 02.gif

I heard that the turbo manifold needs a support arm so It can help with the weight of the Turbo...

Edited********************************

I just put an eye to the first link.... I think that its not a SSA real problem in this case..... and that guy missed some details..... for example: If you look closer to the base of the manifold, it is rewelded.... it looks that this guy move the original possition of the base just for the big turbo he has.... he rewelded....

And the look of that engine, all the rust and dust.... I have serious doubt about this....