Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Installing Exhaust...

Old 04-27-2005, 10:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well after the battle with the rusty screws... that pb stuff works miracles lol. 10 minutes after i sprayed it on the bolts came off with a little bit of force! =)

Anyways when i go to take the headers off the pulley to the left of the engine block is preventing the headers from coming off. The headers are scrapign the back of the pulley mechanism on the left side (the headers). They wont pull out. It seems a little rediculous to have to take off the pulley and belt and all that just to get these headers off. Anyone got suggestions? Ran into this before?

and what is the easiest way to remove the exhaust metal things from that rubber piece

also, tanc what do you mean by shifter plate? there is no way in hell these things are coming off. i gotta do it ur way.
Old 04-27-2005, 11:21 AM

You have to take power steering off.

Take rubber pieces with your hands!!!
Old 04-27-2005, 11:40 AM

dayum. I was hoping you wouldn't say that...

how difficult is it to put the power steering back on??? You dont need some special machine do ya?

Well i am planning on just torching off the old exhaust piece that was rusted later tonight, i dont have the torches right now...

i did disconnect the headers. (just havent removed it) the piece at the end by the muffler where it curves up needs to be cut.

k now i tried to get the 02 sensor off, it just stripped the damn thing, so i'm going to have the disconnect the one by the headers. Do i disconnect it at the small black box looking connector? (it seems to be fixated to another group of wires with some metal piece, is this piece safe to remove?)

Thanx for the help guyz.
Old 04-27-2005, 11:49 AM

There is 4 bolts that you have to remove. Very easy man. Make sure you tighten the belt after you are done.

There is a little clip on o2 sensors.
Old 04-27-2005, 05:23 PM

ive never had an issue removing them, i just used a 7/8s wrench, came off with no problems, and didnt involve driving to autozone wink1.gif laugh.gif
Old 04-27-2005, 05:24 PM

QUOTE (OdessitPashka @ Apr 27 2005, 12:21 PM)
You have to take power steering off.

Take rubber pieces with your hands!!!

u dont need to remove the pulley, i just lostened all three bolts, but still kept them threaded a bit, and it came of with no problems.
Old 04-27-2005, 05:26 PM

I never said you have to take the pulley off, just the actual PS assembly.
Old 04-27-2005, 05:34 PM

QUOTE (OdessitPashka @ Apr 27 2005, 06:26 PM)
I never said you have to take the pulley off, just the actual PS assembly.

thats what im talking about, the 3 bolts that bolt to the head, i just loostened them up a bit, and that gave me enough room to slide the manifold off, and i didnt have to re-tension the a/c pulley, saves time that way, specially when ur doing it by yourself.
Old 04-27-2005, 05:41 PM

I'll never buy WD40 again, PB Blaster is so much more effective. Not even worth comparing the two for breaking loose rust.

If your O2 sensors were rusted, use it on every original bolt at least a day before removal. I snapped a few bolts right in half because they were so securely rusted in place. Drilling bolts out is no fun.
Old 04-27-2005, 11:38 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

JalemX that sounds like a mess. show us what titanic looks like when you're done!

OP lucky to have Walter to do this.