Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

installed A/F Gauge, and i'm running rich.....

Old 12-03-2002, 12:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

jaws and red, i think we're all a bunch of confused fools wink Everyone has a different A/F meter smile.gif lol

Mine's the Summit racing special. Its red at lean, then yellow, green at middle and yellow then red at top where its rich. It runs vertial.

Sweet, i just want to make sure i'm not going to ruin another cat by running to rich.
Old 12-03-2002, 02:21 AM

decker, how did you ruin the car by running rich? as far as i know, you can't "hurt" anything by running rich. your plugs will get fouled, but that's about it (i think). i always thought it was running lean that caused damage.
Old 12-03-2002, 02:34 AM
Red

Running rich plugs up the cat and burns it out prematurely because of the excessive fuel buildup on the catalyst materials.

What in the hell ghetto-assed stupid A/FR goes red, yellow, green, YELLOW, RED???

This is exactly why I have completely stopped suggesting an A/FR as any sort of useful device on any vehicle.

Someone mentioned or asked about wideband sensors only being good for a short amount of time, and you are correct. You only plug the sensor in for tuning, and then immediately remove it when you're done. Most UEGO sensors are good for between 500 and 1000 hours. Typically, they also cost on the order of $500 to $1000 USD.

You can build your own wideband O2 setup with instructions found on DIYEFI.ORG, but I'm not sure what the lifespan of said setup is. I'm assuming, since they're using a stock Honda ULEV 5v 5-wire sensor that it must be longer than 1000 hours, but who really knows?
Old 12-03-2002, 02:44 AM

Red!
I have the exact same A/F gauge as Decker has which is red, yellow, green, YELLOW, RED??? smile.gif
These are cheaper in price tahn the Auto meter ones and looks pretty cool
Old 12-03-2002, 04:48 AM

i wuz running too rich because i had a walbro pump installed and no regulator rolleyes.gif
Sooooo, too mutch fuel pressure, blah blah blah.
Goodbye cat wink

Anyway, the A/F may not be completely useless, i'll show you guys some pictures. It's filling a mutch needed gap in the flow of my interior. I didn't really want to go for the gauge pods, because i think they're kinda rice unless your packing a 12" penis or a turbo wink But i'll show you guys later, and you can see what i mean about it going red->yellow->green->yellow->red

Old 12-04-2002, 11:18 AM

JAWS 021:
when the car is cold... it will usually read rich (green)

Once the 02 sensor gets up to temp, it will vary from rich to lean at idle

AT full throttle it should be rich (Green)

While decelerating it usually runs lean (red)

If you hold the throttle at a certain position, it will eventually start varrying from rich to lean
Exactly
Old 12-04-2002, 01:24 PM

Decker!
Here is a pic of my A/F gauge
Do you have the same one?

http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.com/images/2...iq/2uniq_13.jpg
Old 12-06-2002, 05:30 AM

thats it exactly smile.gif