Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Increase Line Pressure (automatic Transmission)

Old 04-25-2006, 12:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ya i agree, with switching to synthetic. I really wanted this to be just a quick street car. Swapping transmissions isnt what I really want to do at this time, and if I do, im getting the 6 speed manual imported from korea for my gk.

Level 10 has the company I was considering. They told me with there package, and parts, my cars tranny will be reliable to take up to 450whp constant use.

With the duel tranny coolers you can actually feel the difference. When you press your hand on the radiator, obviously its hot, when I touch the tranny cooler its fairly warm, when i get the 2nd cooler, the fins are fairly warm but almost cool. The heat absorbtion is working very well, the duel cooler idea worked wonders. So far, ive been running 15psi for months with no slipping issues at all. Right now my motor is being rebuilt, (weisco overbore pistons) and my ported head is being transferred over to the new engine as well.

Remember as well, my car is a 2003 GK i4 tiburon, and from what i understand the auto shiftronic transmission I have is tougher then the RD transmissions.

just found out that synthetic transmission fluid is warned against when using it on a daily driver car. There is a special additive hyundai transmissions require that are in the stock ATF flui,d
Old 04-25-2006, 12:48 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

Only use Hyundai ATF, don't try any 3rd party brands.

Aww, I was hoping you had an RD, this would have been the biggest setup for an RD with an auto tranny, I wanted to see how much it could handle before problems would arise too. I'm sure your shiftronic is designer better than our autotragics.
Old 04-25-2006, 01:49 PM

ever consider bypassing the stock in radiator cooler? While it does warm the tranny up faster, once everything isn hot, you are fighting 200+ temps in the radiator in keeping the trans cool. I would add a third air to fluid cooler and cut the stock one out of the loop.
Old 04-25-2006, 08:45 PM

Another issue im concerned with is why my tranny hasnt blown from going over the 200whp limit. When I shift, im in the sportsmode, but I let my foot off the gas when change the gear. Now if I let the load off the tranny when shifting, does this provide less wear on the clutches internally on the tranny?
Old 04-25-2006, 09:01 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Sorry to jack your thread man but thanks for letting me know where you got your tranny stuff from. fing02.gif The company is actually located about 45 min away from me in NJ; looks like a good place.
Old 04-25-2006, 10:50 PM

Vehicle: 1997/ Hyundai/ Tiburon

dude, i wouldnt mind being able to drop a shiftronic in my car.. that would be koo cause the tranny would not downshift and i would lag up the dam hill. shiftronic, downshift and up i go... any one thought about a shift tronic thing in rd's?
Old 04-25-2006, 10:54 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

Guys, remember he has a GK i4.

While similar, it is not a beta.