Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Iat Sensor

Old 06-25-2005 | 12:02 PM

im switching my bomz to aem intake and it seems like iat sensor is stuck, is there a lil button you have to push to take it out or do you just pull it out? i pulled(not to hard, and it didnt come out)
Old 06-25-2005 | 12:19 PM

The sensor is just stuck into the rubber grommet. Try wiggling and tugging (gently) until it comes out. Then pull out the grommet, you'll need to reinstall it on the AEM.
Old 06-25-2005 | 01:07 PM

^^^ What he said. If it has been in there for a while it may seem stuck but it does just pull out. No buttons, clips, or anything like that.
Old 06-25-2005 | 01:17 PM

ya i got it out. it was just in real tight. damn lugs are on so tight. im just going to wait until it goes into the shop and i have more time. i gotta go to work soon.
ultra you have to remove the piece of plastic a few inches under the battery right?
Old 06-25-2005 | 02:58 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

Hey, I have the exact opposite problem.

Seems you got it out though so problem solved.

I've installed the CAI and my IAT came out with extreme ease (almost too much) and when I put it into the CAI hole it sits loosley. It's never fallen out but I'm afraid it's getting an ambient air reading (maybe causing my CEL too).

Anyway to get it in their tighter? I've tried looking for a smaller grommet but then the hole is too big in the CAI and the grommet won't stretch to fit over the hole (but it's perfect size for the IAT sensor). I'm desperate because I've even tried tape. sad.gif
Old 06-25-2005 | 03:11 PM

wow thats pretty wierd. maybe you should try getting a new from hyundai and see if it fits
Old 06-25-2005 | 03:24 PM

I got one from TC but the wires were just cut off so I need to get some crimpers from the store and see if this one she gave me fits.

Would you recommended soldering here or crimpers?
Old 06-25-2005 | 03:50 PM

Crimpers have a less chance of changing the voltage. The soder itself can change the voltage slightly. Does your new one fit correctly in the grommet?

Plastic piece a few inches under the battery, not sure exactly what you mean. You do need to cut a hole in the slash shield so the AEM can slide through it but I am not sure if that is what you are talking about.
Old 06-25-2005 | 04:09 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

i doubt the solder would have any notiveable affect on the voltage. i would solder and then heatshrink. with crimps, stuff can still get in there and cause a short.

wrap some electric tape around the sensor and push it in there. should fill up the hole better. an even better alternative would be teflon tape.
Old 06-25-2005 | 05:22 PM

I've tried taping electrical tape around the sensor AFTER I fit it into the grommet but the heat of the engine always makes the tape come off.

I'll try actually putting the tape around the sensor, some teflon tape.

thanks for the help, I should have it fixed by Monday.