Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

I have an idea for an INTAKE!

Old 06-08-2002 | 02:40 AM

Default I have an idea for an INTAKE!

This is my idea...
Step 1~ remove resonator
Step 2~ purchase a flexible pipe that I can attach to front of existing air filter box. Feed flexible pipe down through engine bay to just below under-carriage.
Step 3~ find air 'scoop', and attach to flexible pipe facing nose of car.
Step 4~ Drive around with make-shift 'ram-air'.

All I have to do is make sure the diametre of the pipe is the same as the inlet to to filter box. I'll buy some of those plastic ties to ensure it stay in place. I'll improvise the scoop part. All I figure I'll be doing is forcing moving air into the filter box, rather than having still warm air be pulled in through the little inlet on the resonator. Does this sound like a feasible means of getting cold air? It's a hell of a lot cheaper than a CAI and basically does the same thing, though it may not be as pretty.
Old 06-08-2002 | 02:53 AM

I think this has been thought of.. You have to think of how much pebbles and other debris will get into that air box.. Also, you will probably break your scoop if you happen to go over some thing.. (ie. roadkill eek! )
Also, think of you going on a gravel road.. Think of how much dust and whatnot will go into that scoop..
Good idea, just not feasable
Just a thought wink
Old 06-08-2002 | 02:55 AM

I see what you're saying. Is there somewhere else then, that I can route the pipe to achieve the desired effect, yet not do something that could potentially ruin my car?
Old 06-08-2002 | 03:02 AM

Do a search for "Random Special" You will find everything you need to know.. wink
Old 06-08-2002 | 07:01 AM

I actually Tried that.. It took REALLY did not help me at all.. The Tranny Heats up like a S.O.B., And that just goes right into the Tube you have sticking down.. I agree.. Random Special is the way to Go.. I have one on mine, and I dropped 2.5 tenths in the 1/4!!! smile.gif