Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

I Have An 01 Tiburon Need Help With 1/4 Questions

Old 05-27-2007 | 06:45 PM

I have an 01 Tiburon 2.0 with 74,000 miles on it and I was wandering stock what my 1/4 time would be? Also I was wandering about a couple other things... Besides the motoria catback is there any others avaliable for me? Can I use both underdrive and a race crank pulley on my car? What things can I do for weight reduction? Also this is my plan for mods and how much hp should i Expect? and what would my 1/4 time be?

AEM COLD AIR INTAKE
60MM BB TBODY
NOLOGY WIRES
NGK SPARK PLUGS
SS AUTO CHROME RACE HEADER AND RACE CAT
SS AUTO CHROME CATBACK
PULLEYS
LIMITED SLIP DIFFERENTIAL?
Old 05-27-2007 | 07:01 PM
Banned

no offense, but you need to do research on your car, and on car parts before you ask questions like this..

5 speed or autotragic?

where do you live? (elevation wise)

are you a good driver (5 speed)

do you want a typical STOCK 1/4 mile time, or with those mods.

any other what, catbacks? theres the shark racing catback, and the best one out there is the n1 Apexi catback, but its hard to get ahold of, and expensive.

how the hell would you run and underdrive, and a crank pulley, they are the same thing...

for weight reduction, we have a HUGE post on it, search for it.. you can take out your rear seats, spare tire, carpet, dash, radio, spoiler, etc.

we have no clue what your 1/4 mile times would be with those mods.. it depends on SOO many factors..

why would you bother getting a LSD without running much power?

SSautochrome is about the lowest quality exhaust system money can buy.

why get nology spark plug wires?

with those 'mods' you could expect your hp to be about a 20bhp increase, id think. so maybe you would be at like 155bhp, based on the stock figures.. so maybe around 110whp.

1/4 mile time if your a good driver probably between 15.8-16 if you have a 5-speed. we really have no clue. lol
Old 05-27-2007 | 07:20 PM

A good easy mod you missed is the 1.8 intake cam. This is a stock piece from the 1.8 litre engines.
Old 05-27-2007 | 08:04 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

dont get the nologys either. go with prd plug wires. and probably your best bet for some cheap reliable power would be nitrous. skip the lsd and get some lightweight wheels and nice tires. also, check out the weight reduction thread in the do it yourself section. also, a big part of drag racing is experience. helps a lot with reaction times and everything
Old 05-27-2007 | 08:31 PM

ok well im new to the 4 cylinder world sorry... so i got about a grand to put in the engine right now what would you suggest i do?
Old 05-27-2007 | 08:48 PM
Banned

with a grand, there are a bunch of opitions, depending on the route you wanna go.

if your on a budget, you would have much different plans than if ya wanted HUGE power..

with a grand, heres what i would get, even though i posted against it.

the full SSA exhaust, and put a real cat on it, and a resonator. so: header, stock cat, resonator welded into the SSA exhaust. 500$
AEM clone intake (cheaper, and still would work the same) ~50$
1.8L cam ~ 150$
crank pulley ~ 150$
Apexi SAFCII 150$ to tune the new setup a little bit, to get more power out of it.

then after that, plugs/wires, bored throttle body, bored IM, and maybe nitrous..

in the end, you would have a decent N/A setup, hitting good power for around 2000$-2500$
Old 05-27-2007 | 09:01 PM

why would i get the 1.8 liter cam... well the limited slip i got for free... and i got an aem intakr already... should i get pulleys i can get a deal on the from a performance shop by my house there on sale... also should i get an underdrive set or just the race crank? u think ill be in the 13 with that setup
Old 05-27-2007 | 09:27 PM

no you wont be in 13s. not without a good shot of nitrous or forced induction. anyway, what socks posted is a pretty good way to go. im still going to recomend the nitrous to you though. you can get a good kit for about 500 or less and be very happy with the results. otherwise forced induction is the way to go. most that do that go turbo. theres endless information about it on this site
Old 05-27-2007 | 09:33 PM

yea should i get the bullfrog cam tho instead of the 1.8l cam? also how should i set my car up for nitrous would i need to beef the engine up it only has 74,000 miles on it
Old 05-27-2007 | 10:08 PM

dsm fuel pump out of a gsx or tsi, and some colder plugs. thats really all you need to run a nice 75 shot. some headers and a full exhaust will go nice. check out drivingtibnakeds nitrous setup. hes got the nx wet kit i believe and its very nice