Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

I finally.... VRRROOOMMM

Old 06-13-2002 | 03:55 AM

Default I finally.... VRRROOOMMM

Hey guys, finally I got tired of waiting for a CAI to come out (besides the Injen which was too expensive) and I bought a K&N and installed it Short Ram like. I moved my batery tray kind like Jaws01 but my filter sits right behind the batery, not down the fender well. I used a 72 mm stainless steel pipe to extend the factory rubber intake, and the whole thing goes practically straight. It makes an awful lot of noise (loving noise by the way).

I just wanted to share this here, thanks for all the help, tips and advice, is really good to be part of TeamSR. smile.gif
Old 06-14-2002 | 03:30 AM

zman have you a 1.6 beta???
have you noticed a difference with cai??
other difference than wrooooom ?
Old 06-14-2002 | 06:08 AM

Yes, I have a 1.6 Beta. To be honest, there's not much of a better response, but now that I have enjoyed my custom intake a few days, it seems to have helped in the mid range, lets say between 2500 and 4500 rpm. It revs a very little faster, but, I feel like it has more punh, like more torque.
Maybe it's because I didn't use a very big pipe, its like 2.8 inches and total length of intake is like the standard rubber intake plus 8 inches long of steel pipe. (Just as note, our intake --MAP based-- is longer than your standard because we donīt hacve a MAF on the way).
Old 06-16-2002 | 08:53 PM

Vehicle: 1999 Elantra

Cheers Zman!

I have a similar intake setup. Instead, I didn't move the battery tray and I didn't use a K&N. Instead, I used a Simota short ram intake kit for a Civic and modified it to my specifications

Oh yeah, I also have a 1.6 Beta. Wanna trade? wink
Old 06-17-2002 | 12:32 AM

i've seen many tib owners using simota filters in europe.
how does it sound?
low deep sound or
high pitch ?

any "considerable" increase in sound ???