Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Hyper Intake vs. Dragon Intake

Old 03-20-2002, 11:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hyper Intake vs. Dragon Intake

A local shop is now carrying aftermarket parts including Dragon. I heard all the talk on the Dragon Weapon-R being crap but what about their Hyper Intake? How does that compare?
Old 03-20-2002, 12:11 PM

Vehicle: 1997 accent L

same crap, different filter, all overpriced.
Old 03-20-2002, 10:07 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

They're both still really . You're better off either making your own CAI, or purchasing an aftermarket one, like SR's!
Old 03-21-2002, 03:14 AM

Quite a few of us raced with them in our Subarus. The original Hyper Intake turned out to be better than the Dragon. The guys that bougt the Dragon intakes ended up replacing them - too restrictive.

A lot of people complained about the Weapon-R intake being junk, but I put it up against a half dozon other makes and they couldn't beat it for performance. 0-60 times with the Weapon-R Hyper intake were .8 faster than with the stock intake.

They quit complaining after the put up or shut up challenge and lost.

However, that was on a Subaru RS. I don't know how well it stacks up against other makes in Hyundais. Given the choice, I would get the Hyper over the Dragon because of the better air flow.
Old 03-21-2002, 05:21 AM

Ive had the dragon intake with the cold air extension

I ****ed with that intake so much,... i know how it feels with or without the shield and with the filter placed in different locations

ITS CRAP

Im sorry, i will never buy another weapon R product again, they look like **** and they dont do much.

If anyone has ditched their intake and gotten another one,... KNOWS WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT
My new intake makes the weapon R FEEL SOUND AND LOOK LIKE **** period!!!

Dam i need a break, ive been working to hard tongue.gif

[ March 21, 2002, 12:23 PM: Message edited by: JAWS 021 ]