Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

how much power can a oem 5 speed tranny hold

Old 01-18-2004 | 10:04 AM

Thanks for the links, but i'm searching for an upgrade for my 5speed manual transmission...
Old 01-18-2004 | 10:45 AM

I would still check with them, they are outstanding and have a lot of applications that are not listed.
Old 01-18-2004 | 05:39 PM

Vehicle: 01 Tiburon

well i am puting turbo pistons in her to lower the compression 8:1 & a stage 3 act clutch with every thing else stock i have done a few turbo jobs on hondas so i know the basics but just not real sure with the tibby
Old 01-19-2004 | 03:35 AM

batman, sounds like you are gonna have a sweet set up. keep us posted on everything. it will be nice to have another boosted tib out there.

for better axles, i got mine done here in orlando by a local shop called gator axles. we just beefed them up to handle 350whp at the moment then when i break the motor in and add the direct port nitrous system then we are making a tri axle system like the hondas have.

i dont know if anyone sells better axles, i know kore use to but not any more. after we make my tri axle system then i will be selling my beefed up stock axles. i have asked the owner of gator axles if he would be willing to make more axles for tiburons and he said all he does is beef up the axles that are already on them so you would have to send them in to him to get them done.

on the other hand, if this tri axle system works out well then i am sure he will be willing to make an axle kit for us. i know of a few people who would like that but i am not sure if there are enough to make him want to do it.

for better piston rings on stock pistons, it can be done but it may be cheaper and easier to just get better pistons with better rings. you figure you would have to pay for the machine work to all 4 pistons then machine work to the block for the new rings. thats just my thinking though, i figure if i am in there then i may as well put better stuff in it.
Old 01-19-2004 | 05:51 AM

Keep us posted on the tri axle....that is something that has worried me too, our axles are sooo thin. I know that is standard but wouldn't mind seeing a stiffer one under there. laugh.gif
Old 01-19-2004 | 07:32 AM

well.. if you are really worried about the internals of the tranny.. you could have the gears cryo treated..
Old 01-19-2004 | 11:56 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

I think Littlejohn was getting some axles custom made, he might be able to hook ya'll up.

He's aiming HIGH for HP... REALLY high...
Old 01-19-2004 | 10:45 PM

Vehicle: 01 Tiburon

sweet but how much will it cost to get my axles beffed up like that and thanks 4 all your guys help
Old 01-20-2004 | 02:11 AM

for the axles i am getting beefed up is a little over 400 for both.

for the price of the tri axle system, i have no idea yet but as soon as i do, you all will be the first to know.
Old 01-20-2004 | 07:05 AM

QUOTE (Littlejohn)
for the axles i am getting beefed up is a little over 400 for both.

for the price of the tri axle system, i have no idea yet but as soon as i do, you all will be the first to know.

Great, thanks....and Batman, that's what we're here for. wink.gif