Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

How does the S-AFC work?

Old 06-09-2002 | 12:24 PM

Default How does the S-AFC work?

How does the S-AFC work? Will it work on any car? I have never messed with a S-AFC. Is it hard to hook up? Once hooked up is that it, or do you need to adjust it. If it does need adusting how is that done?

Sorry for all questions I just have no idea how it works, or once I got it what I'd do with it.
Old 06-09-2002 | 01:11 PM

Vehicle: 01 Tiburon

How does the S-AFC work? Will it work on any car? I have never messed with a S-AFC. Is it hard to hook up? Once hooked up is that it, or do you need to adjust it. If it does need adusting how is that done?

Sorry for all questions I just have no idea how it works, or once I got it what I'd do with it.
I don't think anyone minds the questions, just don't double post them, as I noticed you did here and in BV1's thread.

The AFC, is an air/fuel controller, it allows you to tune the fuel system and essentially "fool" the ecu into running the car differently. Yes once installed it should be tuned on a dyno to get the best results.

Usually I don't think it makes that big of a difference on a naturally aspirated engine, but if you are running, NOS, turbo, or a supercharger, it should show some good gains.
Old 06-09-2002 | 07:02 PM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

I also suggest you read up at Apex-i's website as to how it works.