Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Home Made Intake

Old 07-25-2001 | 04:22 PM

Default Home Made Intake

I would like to hear from all of you upon my intake system. It's a short ram intake which takes up all the room where the battery is. The battery is then placed in the trunk. A divider wall is then built around the K&N filter. The wall is trimmed flush with the hood. The original scoup is then extended into the cut off section. All this is then coated to protect from heat. The divider wall seperates the cold air from the hot air in the engine bay. What do you all think?
Old 07-25-2001 | 04:47 PM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

It sounds like you put a lot of time and effort into that! Do you have any photos?

I'm assuming you left the hole to the fenderwell near the battery open to allow cold air into the air compartment you created? That scoop that is part of the stock resonator will not draw in nearly enough air alone.
Old 07-26-2001 | 01:21 AM

I did leave the hole in the front fender under the battery open to get the cold air. I still need to put up the wall. However, I will put up pictures when I am done. What took the most time so far was moving the battery to the trunk. All the other stuff took like 30 mins. Finding a way past the double fire wall really pissed my buudy and I off.
Old 07-26-2001 | 01:25 AM
Super Moderator

How did you end up running the wiring?

I would have suggested, a run of wire into the quater pannel, down inside the side skirt, and into the rear quarter panel.
Old 07-26-2001 | 01:37 AM

hmmm.... didn't think of running it that way. I ended up running it through the fire wall behind the intake manifold. Then down through the center console and under the bucket seat in the back and into the trunk. I think I'll do it your way. Thanks.
Old 07-26-2001 | 07:42 PM
Super Moderator

I ran my power wire from my battery to my amps that way too! Saves time crawling around trying to find a way through the firewall...then the time under the dash, trying to find the wires you just pushed through...

Firewall? Grommets? I don't need no stinking grommets!