Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Higher Rpm Capability On Our Betas

Old 05-02-2009, 10:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

is it really necessary to get standalone ecu? cant a piggyback work as fine? I also read over @ some other forums that in order to make the crackshaft stiffer/better that you need to cryotreat? something like that, anyone know what their talking about? if I have custom made longer rods and bigger pistons, would I have to bore the block?
Old 05-03-2009, 01:55 PM

could someone asnwer my last question please...
Old 05-03-2009, 02:25 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Nobody is answering your questions because they sound like dumb n00b-type questions. This stuff is basic knowledge for anyone who knows how to make an engine spin 10,000 RPM with anything like 'good' reliability. You will have a better chance of getting your questions answered (by asking better questions) if you do several days' worth of reading up on how to build performance engines before you ask. General mechanical stuff applies to all cars. For RD generation cars and Hyundai Betas in particular, this is the place to come for specifics.

Everyone starts at zero knowledge at first. RDTiburon.com is a place where newbies get maybe 1 or 3 spoon-feeds with gentle reminders to use the search feature before the drillsergeant.gif starts. We are here to educate each other and ourselves, and most of us expect you to educate yourself before asking basic questions. The moderating staff keeps the information/fluff ratio high by encouraging you to do your own research and then ask if you get stuck on a hard part. I'm not trying to be a jerk, just pointing out the way things are.

The ECM is where the RPM limiter lives. You would have to completely work around it, to the point that a standalone ECM would be less work, if you tried to use piggyback controllers for this kind of stuff. Piggybacks are 'kid stuff', great for high level NA tuning, or maybe a couple of lbs of boost or a little nitrous.
Old 05-03-2009, 03:13 PM

Vehicle: 2006 Pontiac GTO

So you've got BIGGER pistons and you're asking whether you need to bore the block? Hmm, if you were to take a wild guess, what would you say? lol
Old 05-03-2009, 04:21 PM

off topic....

yea obviously, we all start @ 0 knowledge, where do you guys think am pulling up this info from searching it on google and what not, no wonder people talk bad about this forum, on other forums am starting to believe its true, you think I got 24 hours at my disposal to sit hear in pajamas and read every single thread their is here?? I just want to know on what interest me at the moment, I'll just look somewhere else for asnwers.
Old 05-03-2009, 04:51 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

sounds like a plan. when you get a minute type site:www.rdtiburon.com "10,000 rpm" into google and read the results.

I went in search of a thread where the guy had a turbo charger on his car in Korea. He blew up his engine near 10,000 RPMs. I'd like to find that video if anyone knows wehre it is.
Old 05-03-2009, 05:48 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Calm down man. He did give you some help also.

The big thing about revving higher is the ecu. You will need standalone for best results. Also look to spend about 2k in the head alone so it can handle it. Then everything needs to be balanced properly and lightened would also help a ton.

The main question I have is why you want to do this? Are you going with a large turbo where you need the extra RPM or what? Help us help you. Maybe an engine that can rev out to 9k isnt really what you need with your goals. Lighten up though.
Old 05-03-2009, 05:50 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

QUOTE (Tony Vendetta @ May 3 2009, 04:21 PM)
off topic....

yea obviously, we all start @ 0 knowledge, where do you guys think am pulling up this info from searching it on google and what not, no wonder people talk bad about this forum, on other forums am starting to believe its true, you think I got 24 hours at my disposal to sit hear in pajamas and read every single thread their is here?? I just want to know on what interest me at the moment, I'll just look somewhere else for asnwers.

First, if we cared what anyone on any other sites said about ours, we'd do something about it. Since we don't care, we don't do anything about it.

I'd love to see some of the bad mouthing about RDT on the other sites. It's almost always some member from here that is too lazy to search, or got put in his place my our crack staff here.

Second, it doesn't take 24 hours to research anything, you can find most of what you are looking for by spending 5 minutes searching, and an hour reading. If your searching skills suck, as they obviously do, then that's your fault.

Lastly, no one is answering you because the answers are here and they know it. They also have seen you post vague questions, dumb questions, and fail to look first in EVERY single one of your threads.

Be our guest and go elsewhere, the only loss is yours.
Old 05-03-2009, 05:58 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

there's a company that does this, i forget where because it was many years ago when i heard it, but supposedly it's in canada or somewhere around there that you send the block to and they coat it, precision bore and match all of the pistons and cranks to. it costs a few thousand but you end up with an unbreakable beta.

i can't imagine the ecu configuration on it though. it would have to boosted because of such low compression. interesting though.

searching here is a bit difficult, at least for me. all new stuff comes up and the old is way out back. sometimes the old stuff doesn't even come up but fortunately i know where it was located.
Old 05-03-2009, 06:01 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

The search works fine, Visionz fixed it about a month ago now.

It all goes back to folks typing in...

higher rpm's for a beta engine will it make me go fastarr?

In the search block and getting nothing.

So then they put in...

rpm's fastarr

and get 20K responses.