Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

High RPM?

Old 02-01-2005, 09:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 02 Accent

QUOTE (Mad-Machine)
Personally, I like how BMW does it.. they have a series of lights that moves the redline on the tach as the car warms.. the closer it gets to warm, the higher you can rev the engine

FCUK YEA!!!! BMW ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!

ANYWAYS.... when i drove back and fourth between NY and OH i would sit at 5000rpm at a 100mph for literally 3 straight hours!some times longer, it was fun to do 120 at 6000rpm but could maintain that speed too long, some old person would end up elephant blocking me!

also, i often rev it up and bounch it off the rev limiter, its not GOOd for the engine to free rev it like that, but it doesnt hurt the engine all that much!

so basiclly.....dont rev ur engine when its cold, perform scheduled maintainance on ur car, and dont miss a gear and hit 8000rpm(man that was scary the first 3 times)
Old 02-01-2005, 11:00 PM

Haa....The Tib is my first car, however, not the first stick car iv driven.
After having it for about a month is when i first took it over 4grand. Even though i knew it was good to pin it once and awhile, i too had that fear of breakin something.

I dont ever keep it above 4500rpms for a while, out of fear. But is it bad to keep it up there for a while or not? I know some of you said you do, but is it very bad or just something that might slightly effect engine longevity?

And yea i now what its like to miss second gear after hittin about 7grand in first. Scared the poo out a me.
Old 02-01-2005, 11:08 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

QUOTE (Double_A)
And yea i now what its like to miss second gear after hittin about 7grand in first. Scared the poo out a me.

I dont do it often but man you notice that when you do it your never alone, i allways got somebody with me, and im like SH!T...
Old 02-02-2005, 06:05 AM

my sisters 87 acura doesnt have a fifth gear and i was pushing that thing at 110 with four fat people in the car. me included.... and it was at 6000 rpms. that is in fourth gear. seems like tibby gears arent geared that great. am i wrong? i know mine revs at like 4500 when i am going 80-90. i haven taken my car over 100 cause it has 114,000 miles on it and i dont know how long these cars last.
Old 02-02-2005, 06:14 AM

the Tib is geared more towards performance than the 87 Acura, as such it has "short" gears that are close together.
Old 02-02-2005, 06:47 AM

wait.. im prolly wrong but if the gears are close together wouldnt that mean that the car top out at a low speed? which means the acura gears are further apart...

Edit: ok.. read that wrong. lol
Old 02-02-2005, 07:24 AM

Vehicle: Elantra HD / 2007

QUOTE (LarryMcFly)
Rev matching is a downshift procedure. When stepping on the clutch, you step on the throttle to raise the rpm to the rpm it will be at when the lower gear will be engaged. Then engage the gear.

how to rev match when I'm braking with downshifting(right foot on the brake and left foot press and release the clutch)?
Old 02-02-2005, 09:52 AM

QUOTE (Dmitry)
how to rev match when I'm braking with downshifting(right foot on the brake and left foot press and release the clutch)?

When you are good at matching your revs, left foot clutch, toes on throttle and heal on brakes or the other way around, depends what you prefer.

When beginning practice, rev match before braking. Once you are good at rev matching, do everything at once.
Old 02-02-2005, 01:02 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Also depends on the Acura's redline. I dunno if they were as high revvy back then as they are today. Tibs 4th gear tops out at about 100... So they are very similar, Tib just has an extra gear to cruise around with. 5-speeds were just starting to get started back then.
Old 02-02-2005, 02:04 PM

QUOTE (LarryMcFly)
When you are good at matching your revs, left foot clutch, toes on throttle and heal on brakes or the other way around, depends what you prefer.

When beginning practice, rev match before braking. Once you are good at rev matching, do everything at once.

or you can just play with your clutch smile.gif
press clutch, down shift, sratr slowly relaesing the clutch smile.gif