Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Hi fellowsharks

Old 02-23-2002 | 03:10 AM

Default Hi fellowsharks

Hi guys i am Kostas and i drive a stock 2.0ltrs tib.I was surfing in sharkracing´s site but i wasn´t able to find a cai.It says there TBA...What´s going on?Also i´ve made a search but i can´t figure out where or which is a good cai for my car.I don´t have the knowledge and tools to make a custom one,so i need sth good and easy to install.
PS:Is the cai of sr still under construction?
And if so when will it be available for us??
Waiting for your answer.
Old 02-23-2002 | 03:21 AM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

The SR CAI is through the first prototype, and should have the second prototype done in about 2 weeks. If the second prototype is perfect, it will then start production.

However, if the 2nd prototype is NOT perfect, and still needs alteration, it will take another month or so for a third unit to be built.

Chances are, since you have a European Tiburon, that uses a different air sensor configuration, it would not work on your car. It would have to be adapted for your car. Shark Racing is considering making a CAI for the European Beta motor, but I do not know how far along it is.

In the meantime....

You CAN make your own. Here are the details on
How to make your own Random Special CAI

[ February 23, 2002: Message edited by: Random ]
Old 02-23-2002 | 05:37 PM

Thank you very much Mr Random..
I have 3 questions if you wouldnt mind answering me..
1)Can i put a Simota TopGun Airfilter instead of a cone filter at the end of cai??(I am afraid of dirt and hydrolocking my engine).
2)If i take out the stock airtube from the tb till the airbox,can i put the flexible tube from the tb to the airfilter??(My motor doesn´t have a knocksensor,it only has the IAT sensor and two other small hoses near the tb for the fuel i think)
3)This rubber elbow from the tb i think is not stock.How can i make the holes at the elbow so that i wont have any gas leaking from it?
Thanks for your time and understanding reading my post.
Kostas.