Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

HELP HYDROLOCKED!!

Old 07-27-2004, 10:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: tires and brakes

Yes, it happened to me and im sooo upset, i know im not alone so please help me-- living in S. FL with a CAI is a mistake and i feel im going to pay for it-- i remember seeing a post how to fix a hydrolock... but any help is appreciated... save my tib!!! thanks
Old 07-28-2004, 12:48 AM

Default Re: EBAY rotors?

http://www.hyundaiperformance.com/forums/t...pic.php?t=53186

I just had the same problem, read my story that I posted a few weeks back. Man was THAT a wake-up call, or what...?! d'oh!
Old 07-28-2004, 05:48 AM

Default Re: petition to get tiburons turbocharged stock

fastest and easiest way to get water out of the cylinders... take the plugs out and first turn the engine over by hand (wrench really) and then (if it turns) after you get most of the water out.. hit the starter.. it should blow ALL the water out of the cylinders.

If the engine is ok... you are still going to need to change the oil... next time though, buy a bypass
Old 07-28-2004, 06:37 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Default Re: North East Chapter Members

This is why I have a bypass. I may lose 1hp or so, better than losing my engine.
Old 07-28-2004, 08:39 AM

Default Re: petition to get tiburons turbocharged stock

Yeah wake up call is right, i took off the IM and TB to try to let it dry out a little... not too much water in there so i hopefully will get lucky-- i took it to a shop and theyre going to crank it and b/c of of my lack of tools, im going to see what they can do-- ive had the CAI for over a year and man is this a wake up call, so well see. Hopefully it can be fixed-- but it did stall out so i was told ill find out by noon today-- otherwise i get to talk to insurance and if i can get it totaled and part it out and get my money out of it i think thats the route i need to go...
Old 07-28-2004, 10:36 AM

Default Re: Making my Tib go

FYI..A good way to get the water out of the motor is to use a shop vacume. Take off the plugs and put the hose from the shop vac over the opening. It will suck the water out, a little messy but it worked for me.
Old 07-28-2004, 03:12 PM

Default Re: Burning Clutch

Well i took it to a shop-- got my IM and TB cleaned out, got new sparks and an oil change and i am as good as new... phew only 230 later... thanks
Old 07-28-2004, 03:13 PM

Default Re: HELP HYDROLOCKED!!

glad to hear it man. hope everything works out. smile.gif and hey, if your still looking to part out your car. hit me up. i need some body parts. laugh.gif
Old 07-28-2004, 07:15 PM

Default Re: Burning Clutch

interesting.. a double post seperated by another and several hours...

It sounds like to me.. your engine tried to suck water and failed... it just could not pull enough of it up into the engine to kill it before it actually stalled... you got REAL lucky