Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Help.

Old 01-27-2008, 07:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 hyundai tiburon

ok now seeing how i dont have $330 for a timing job i am going to attempt this with my dad. right now im only needing one bit o info. that is the timing marks on block, crank, and timing pulley. which holes. i did a search and couldnt find one that gave me a definitive answer nor any pics. so if someone knows which one i need to line up for sure your help would be greatly appreciated. any pics would help too. thanks
plz help b4 tib becomes large neon riceer green pile of junk and i blow it up
Old 01-27-2008, 08:16 PM

PLEASE DONT LET IT BECOME RICE-ER GREEN GUYS!! it's a beautiful color, and don't let him ruin that color!!

lol.gif
Old 01-27-2008, 08:42 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

offtopic.gif /\ /\ /\ .
Yes its a nice color but does not help him with his question.

demon_wolf-

http://www.rdtiburon.com/index.php?showtop...ming+belt\

Everything you wanted to know about how to change your timing belt including setting the timing.

and even more reading on timing marks

http://www.rdtiburon.com/index.php?act=Sea...Ctiming+mark%5C

Take your time and make sure you do it in a well lit area and are out of the elements for comfort.
Old 01-27-2008, 09:27 PM

Vehicle: 2000 hyundai tiburon

tank you. last time i checked those earlier today the pics werent working. and i didnt know if it would work since i do have a/c
Old 01-27-2008, 10:59 PM

It's not a hard thing to do, it may be a little intimidating the first time cause you can screw up things pretty bad if done wrong, best advice I can give you is when it is done turn the motor by hand to make sure no valves are hitting before you actually start it, this could save your ass if any mistakes where made, just take your time and double check everything you do.
Old 01-28-2008, 04:21 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

ya pat has 2 DIY. One with pics one without. The main thing is that having ac is that removing the lower timing belt cover is going to be a little harder as you cant get to bracket to remove it to make it easy. youll see what im talking about. just heat the timing belt cover up in hot water and it will bend enough to put back on.
Old 01-28-2008, 07:53 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Couldn't really understand what you were asking, but the timing belt work, with parts, at the dealer, is $249, not $330.

I'm getting mine done there.
Old 01-28-2008, 07:58 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

My water pump went out so I had the dealership throw on a new timing belt at the same time for price of parts and $30 extra in labor. It was a good deal. Change out your water pump now before you end up doing the whole thing over again later.