Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Headers And The Mil

Old 10-25-2005 | 07:33 AM

Well, I managed to get the downstream O2 sensor up and working. I have about 230 miles on with no CEL, yet. I guess I will have to wait until I put some more miles on to be absolutely certain. The readings that I am getting with a scanner appear to be correct, so only time will tell. As for the upstream sensor, I tried placing the new sensor after the runners. All of my wires are definitely correct (I checked at least 3 or 4 times, using a multimeter to check each connection), but I cannot get the O2 sensor to respond to any readings. It just reads 0 Volts continously. As of now, the car is running great(using the stock sensor on the last runner), so I am not going to try and move the sensors unless I notice a problem. Thanks for all your help with this problem.
Old 10-25-2005 | 08:25 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Check your fuses. My friends car was not reading the front O2 correctly and after spending a lot of time, I realized he never checked his fuses. One was blown, which was not giving the front O2 any juice.

If all your fuses check out, use a volt meter on the hot & ground on the plug... make sure your getting 12 volts.
Old 10-25-2005 | 08:29 AM

Everything is working. The front stock O2 sensor works fine. When I try to put a new O2 sensor in, it does not work anymore. This could be one of two things: it is the wrong O2 sensor for the car(I checked several stores and got the same part number for them all) or both of the sensors were defective. It is kind of a wierd problem because everything works fine when the sensor is in the last runner, but nothing works at all when I move the O2 sensor after the collector. Not really sure why the O2 sensor works in one spot, but not another. It is definitely not a fuse. Thanks for the advice though.