Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Headers and 02 censors.. :)

Old 05-01-2002, 09:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok drew i'm going to start sending the pics now because there is alot of them i may have to send more than one email
Old 05-01-2002, 09:39 AM

got your pictures.. you suck as an artist buddy...

First: My tib only had ONE cat converter, so thats ok.
Two: Where do I get that special kind of cat converter?
Three: What kinda of shops did your work, and how much for it, cuz I dont want a resonator either. smile.gif

tongue.gif

~Drew
Old 05-01-2002, 10:24 AM

well i just got finished sending all the pics so you may want to look again has for where i had this stuff done i went to tony's custom exhaust they then told me that they will not install the header but your in luck there is a shop right around the corner from us that will do it for you that place is called import sports they charged me $80 bucks to put in SR's 4-2-1 headers then i went back to tony's and had them finish the rest of the exhaust off they charged me $375 for install on everything, 20 inch resanator and a dual tip stainless steel muffler.
Tony's has the obdii style cat they sold it to and installed it for $240 so your looking to spend about $400-$700 dollars depending on what you get done there.
the place i went to get the o2 sensor wire extended is right near me its called audio connection they will only charge like $40-$70 bucks to extend the wires i think you should call these places and talk to them if you go with these places your going to have to make an apointment first thing in the morning at import sports so they can put your header on and give plenty of time for tony's to finish your exhaust tony's is come as they come place no apointment then probablly the next morning have an apointment with audio connection to extend your wiring tell import sports to put the second o2 sensor in the down pipe and trick the frist one and leave it hanging in the engine bay they well try to tell you that it doesn't matter where they go but don't listen to them do like i said. after you have the wires extend and in the right place you may have to disconnect the battery to rest the check engine light if it comes on again after that take it to a shop and have them clear the codes the right way good luck
here are there numbers:
Import sports: (410) 553-6910

tony's custom exhaust: (410) 760-5108

audio connection: (410) 661-1580

if you need anything else your slow no i'm just playing don't hesitate to ask
Old 05-01-2002, 11:12 AM

I need an audio place to extend my engine wires?!
Old 05-01-2002, 11:16 AM

thats just there name they do all kinds of work on cars about the only thing they won't do is mess with inner engine parts but tony's is a better place to have exhaust work done audio connection is allways busy and would have problems getting your exhaust finished in one day.
Old 05-01-2002, 11:19 AM

well, I have an almost full cat back as it is... with no resonator, and a steel DTM muffler...
just need header and flex pipping, new cat, extended wires smile.gif

~Drew
Old 05-01-2002, 11:49 AM

thats cool but like i said your going to have about a 7 to 12 inch space between the end of the header and your cat back system so get tony's to weld a peice of piping in there for you and your going to have to have them chop the catback system up and weld the OBDii style cat in there where the second stock cat would have been because that is the only place it will fit for you also just call them and tell them what i have told you and see what they say.
Old 05-02-2002, 03:30 AM

OK maybe someone mentioned this already but if not here goes....I recently installed the 4-2-1 headers in my 2001 Tibby, Now, I still am missing one of the cats, but still, NOw with the headers, when I first take off, I nearly "floor" the pedal and the car will maybe go like 10-15mph, then all of a sudden it gets super loud and the power kicks in and the car takes off like a bat out of hell, and the car in front of me thinks I have a serious case of road rage.....lol...NOw imagine that happeningeveryday at every light especially during "rush hour" I think I have the most hated car in town now....hehe..j/k...But What is causing this? If I out the second cat back (a high flow cat) WIll this regulate the power? or what do yall recomend, I am tired of this going on....