Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

hdk camshafts

Old 06-10-2002, 08:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Random:
CAMS go IN the ENGINE.

Moving to ENGINE forum.
Really, oh sh*t!

uhmm....i'll be right back smile.gif

hehehe(j/k)

anyway, to answer the question. Cams are perfectly fine for everyday driving. Depending on how drastic a cam you put in there. You might look at a 10-15 gain from a good set of cams without messing up your idle to mutch.But you need intake and exhaust work to get the most of them. I beleive the GT/XD cam is around 5hp gain.
Old 06-10-2002, 03:59 PM

Vehicle: 01 Tiburon

Decker:
Random:
CAMS go IN the ENGINE.

Moving to ENGINE forum.
Really, oh sh*t!

But you need intake and exhaust work to get the most of them. I beleive the GT/XD cam is around 5hp gain.
I dont understand that...
Old 06-10-2002, 06:16 PM

More air going in from (CAI) & more air going out (headers & cat-back) will give you more power from a replaced cam. Just replacing the cam without these mods should give you less HP. Not much but it will be less.
Old 06-10-2002, 07:32 PM

Vehicle: 1999 Elantra

Angelos, you have no sense of humor.

Wait, you don't get this too?
Old 06-10-2002, 09:06 PM

2kElantra_NyteMare:
More air going in from (CAI) & more air going out (headers & cat-back) will give you more power from a replaced cam. Just replacing the cam without these mods should give you less HP. Not much but it will be less.
I have already headers,full exhaust,cai bbtb and bim and remapped ECU.The only thing left is cams.Thats why i ask..Thanks
Old 06-10-2002, 11:09 PM

BTW do i need to do port and polishing job,change gasket,lower compression in order to put these cams??????
Thats my question,,,pheeeewwww can sb answer me pls???
Old 06-11-2002, 04:49 AM

You shouldn't need a port and polish job, that has to do with air flow...what you may need are stronger connector rods, and or HLAs. But that depends on how drastic of a cam you want to put in. The RPW from what I can see or the ones from HDK are not aggressive enough to need these upgrades. If you have all those upgrades plus the cams, I would suggest you also get a fuel regulator and an S-AFC and have a pro shop tune your car. Where are you from Angelos?
Old 06-11-2002, 08:12 AM

Copa:
You shouldn't need a port and polish job, that has to do with air flow...what you may need are stronger connector rods, and or HLAs. But that depends on how drastic of a cam you want to put in. The RPW from what I can see or the ones from HDK are not aggressive enough to need these upgrades. If you have all those upgrades plus the cams, I would suggest you also get a fuel regulator and an S-AFC and have a pro shop tune your car. Where are you from Angelos?
Οk thanks very much...I am from Hellas{EU}.My hometown is Athens where the Olympic Games will be held in 2004!!!!!
I am sure you know Hellas.Its former name was Greece