Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

HDK Cams

Old 10-15-2001 | 05:31 PM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

For wild cams, you will need new, stiffer valve springs...but RPW sells those too.

If you call them, they will let you know which cam grinds require the stiffer springs.
Old 10-15-2001 | 11:59 PM

Ok here we goe,
I ordered the $299 cam set from HDK on the advice of the guy I spoke with on the telephone, he said they were cast new not re-ground. The cams took about a month or so to arrive (don't remember exact dates) and when they did arrive I discovered the intake cam was physically too short. eek.gif To make matters worst I found this out after I opened up the valve cover.
So I called HDK for an exchange, they said they would have Fed-Ex pick the cams up from my house (that took close to a week), they also said they would test fit the replcement cams in one of their cars before they shipped them AND that they would upgrade them to the 240 cams that were on their site for no additional cost. OK, so now I'm thinking this could be a good thing.
Well in come the cams about 2/3 weeks later and they look exactly like the stock ones in the car already (I know you can't see the difference just by looking but I'm a little leary of these guys). Well after further investigation on their web site I notice that the 240 degree cams are said to have an adjustable sprocket,
They Say:
The 240 provides great power and mileage increases, especially on the highway, while also providing great torque and response. You have to listen closely to tell there is a cam in the car. Works well with stock or most aftermarket street manifolds and carbs. Power range 1,200-3,600. A great performance cam for your Hyundai, Daewoo, or Kia. There is a slightly rough and racy idle with great all around power from this cam. These cams work with all power accessories, power steering, stock converters and even stock exhaust manifold.
- Adjustable Sprocket
- 14/46 Dur:9
- Upgrade from stock 228 Deg to 240 Deg.
Where the hell is my adjustable sprocket? The only sprockets I have are the ones that are made on the cam & cannot be removed.
I didn't notice any more power from 1,200 - 3,600 rpm (butt meter) but in all fairnes I haven't dynoed it or had the ECU tuned. I guess I'll just have to get a piggy back ECU or something and find a shop with a dyno ans some knowledge.

MORAL: Do your research and "Let the buyer beware".