Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Having Troubles

Old 10-30-2007 | 08:21 PM

hey guys whats going on? well im having some problems with my rd2 right now. here are the symptoms when i start the car it dies, when i put it in neutral while moving or not it dies, or even if i just hold the clutch in. it backfires a lot. if im going below 2500 rpm it starts like jumping like jolting me if you know what i mean. i also lost a lot of my acceleration. so yea i dont really know whats wrong with it off the top of my head. what i tried to do was i pulled the plugs which were pretty burnt out so i replaced them and i also replaced my wires and my idle air controller. the only other things i can think of is my fuel pump or injectors if you guys have any suggestions i need some help.

thanks kyle
Old 10-30-2007 | 09:46 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

2 questions.

1. What is the last thing you did to your car before this?

2. Have you checked your MAF orientation?

I bet you money it's your MAF, or your TPS.
Old 10-31-2007 | 04:50 AM

the last thing i installed was a SAFC neo but that was like 4 months ago so i dont really think that was it. no i have not checked the MAF. do you mean like take it off and clean it or what?
Old 10-31-2007 | 10:39 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

SAFC Neo?

Sure you installed it right?

Please tell me you know what the word "orientation" means. I even put a f***ing picture below my comment for you.

Also, what brand of TPS do you have?