Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Gude Package (25-30 whp increase claims)

Old 06-02-2002, 08:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gude Package (25-30 whp increase claims)

I was surfing around looking for ideas for what I want to do engine performance wise. I think one of the most interesting companies I came across is a company called GUDE. I found them on SuperHonda but there seem to be mixed reactions as to the quality of the work.

The parts they supply are as follows:

- port and polished intake manifold
- exhaust manifold
- cams
- valve stems
- some other parts the original poster did not post
$1,500 for a SOHC 1.6L Civic. (their site seems to be down so I can't get a good list).

This company is a lot like these www.theoldone.com or www.portflow.com the only difference is these guys GUDE have the parts in stock and you don't need to send them away to be done.

Anyway, would this seem right with the work done? I'm just trying to get a good list and power gains for my 2.7L V6 since I wouldn't mind doing a N/A due to F/I problems.

The way I figure it, if that stuff, plus 16whp CAI (AEM claim), 10-15 whp for headers (SR I think was saying something like this), 3-5whp from exhaust (standard gain). We would be looking at about 30whp for from these parts.

So well with all that work I would be looking at 55-60whp gain for a rough estimate of $4,000. With some fine tuning might be able to find a couple more horsepower from there.

Just wanted to know what you guys thought about whether this is all possible? Like gain wise? Price wise?
Old 06-02-2002, 08:31 AM

Vehicle: 1999 Tiburon

I think the best way is to steal some secrets from Key Motorsports. I dont think they modified their V6 tib THAT much.

Motor trend did a comparison between the stock V6 GT with the keymotorsports GT. The keymotorsports did a 0-60 in 5.75(?) and a quarter mile in the mid 14's. 240HP with 218lb of torque. Now that is nice. Of course, the car is strip to its bare essentials. Any who, still that 240HP sure does sound good.
Old 06-02-2002, 08:32 AM

I didn't think that GUDE would want anything to do with a Hyundai. I thought they were strickly honda. Don't know for sure but last I checked they were. They are a good company though. Big name. Good quality. I can't personally back up there number claims but I know they know there shyt.
Old 06-02-2002, 08:34 AM

Well with the mods listed that should put the Tiburon into the 210whp range or 240hp range.

So with stripping down the car they are STILL running mid 14's. sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif I am never going to get into the 13's.

Sorry I should have mentioned that I was using GUDE as a reference to whats being done for N/A and get an idea for pricing.
Old 06-02-2002, 04:23 PM

Gude good! Brother's 90 CRX was running 16.2 with intake/header/exhaust. After Gude package, 15 flat. Won't pass smog though.

http://simple_crx.onlineshowoff.com
Old 06-03-2002, 05:26 AM

Gude package+ custom tubo+ few other mods=some major a$$ kickin
Old 06-03-2002, 06:10 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

Concept:
I think the best way is to steal some secrets from Key Motorsports. I dont think they modified their V6 tib THAT much.
We'll since they start with a balanced and blue printed motor supplied to them buy hyundai, you'd need to start there in order to have an attempt at reaching their numbers.

Where/when did you see this motor-trend article? Is it available online anywhere?