Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

good BIM/Polish cost?

Old 03-25-2003, 01:35 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: x3 accent gk tiburon santa fe

in stock or near stock engine you won't get any benefit exept for a nice look
you will need them when you need a BIG increase in fuel flow (turbocharger or other fuel hungry mods)
Old 03-25-2003, 03:28 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Ehhh, I still rate people based on their actions and total positive input into the community. Many folks you can tell straight off how they are.

It's really just for show I guess.

As for the Fuel rail, same same. It's mainly for show unless you get some upgraded injectors and pop on a Turbo or SC. I figure I want to be able to mod as much as I can so I may as well do that also eh?

As for how it attaches, I have no real clue. My Tib is in the states and I'll be doing my IM when I get back. I bought a spare and it's being worked on by the infamous Onpol right now and powdercoated or Ceramic coated blue. Doing the rail at the same time just makes sence to me.

Besides, I want it.

wink
Old 03-25-2003, 04:59 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Veloster

Hey guys, I have done all three of the things in question....port n polished head, port matched intake runners, and port matched intake plenum to a 58mmTB. It is not that hard at all to remove all these pieces. The stock fuel rail will come off with the injectors once you remove the clips off the injectors, this way u won't lose which injector goes to which cylinder!!. As far as rough or smooth, I couldn't decide which to do so we, (the machinest and me) decided to rough it a little when done, when we port mached the intake runners to the head, only about a half inch of runner ended up a little smooth, so we just roughend that up again...as most of the inside of the intake runners (as much as we could feel) had a little roughness to it stock. The intake plenum was also port matched to the SR 58mmTB, I ended up making my own gasket to match the more as well. Right now....I am running way lean with these mods.....supposedly the tibbies run rich from the factory...but obviously I have increased my airflow way over factory....I have a ram air kit as well!! The car runs at about 14.3-15 A/F Ratio at like 4800rpms i think..something like that...so...I really haven't had the full benefit of these mods until after i get better engine managment!! (coming soon) If anyone has any questions on these mods...let me know...

Cisco C.
Old 03-27-2003, 02:07 PM

Redzman, Thats cool about the rating stuff. I give you good rating. cysco00 too.
Thanks for the advice on the injectors. I dont want to **** them up.
I am planning for a turbo.
peace

[ March 27, 2003, 09:09 PM: Message edited by: Tony Montana ]
Old 03-29-2003, 01:00 AM

BIM for a case of beer?

Lets have a group buy for this!

Seriously, can I get in on this for a case of beer?
Old 03-29-2003, 11:02 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

Tony Montana:
Hey Redsman,
I dont really ust that ratings feature. I think I have used it twice, way back in time. Do the ratings have any use? What does it mean?
off_topi

REDZMAN:
Ehhh, I still rate people based on their actions and total positive input into the community. Many folks you can tell straight off how they are.
off_topi

Tony Montana:
Redzman, Thats cool about the rating stuff. I give you good rating. cysco00 too.
off_topi

beat_dow
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.com/cgi-bin/...c&f=22&t=002316
beat_dow

[ March 29, 2003, 06:02 PM: Message edited by: Random ]
Old 03-29-2003, 08:50 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Veloster

thanks Tony Montana for the ratings...I appreciate it...even though Random says it was off_topi
Old 04-02-2003, 08:01 AM

OBX does indeed make a Hyundai specific fuel rail.
I contacted them and was informed that they do not carry that item, although it is in their catalog.
Old 04-02-2003, 08:12 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

importshark:
I contacted them and was informed that they do not carry that item, although it is in their catalog.
Strange, I remember several someone's claiming they ordered it and received/installed it. I sware someone had a photo too! dunno

They don't have it listed on their website either.

I'll have to do a search.... but were off_topi again.

EDIT

Found the link

http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.com/noncgi/u...c;f=16;t=002161

It even mentions part numbers. dunno

[ April 02, 2003, 04:20 PM: Message edited by: Random ]
Old 04-03-2003, 06:36 PM

what_the I gave them the numbers, the guy said he will check into it. He said it could be that they just do not have anymore and the manufacturer has not sent any.