Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Gear Slip

Old 11-30-2006, 06:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

i really really really really hope so! i know they can do it, i just wish they are willing to. it's a tough job! i'm afraid of going into unknown waters you know? i can't function without a car and this is my daily driver. i wouldn't want it to have some problems down the road.
Old 11-30-2006, 06:30 PM

Vehicle: 1997/ Hyundai/ Tiburon

i feel exactly the same. When yamaha listed up the full swap for 400shipped, i was contemplating on whether to get it or not. The job would be koo to do but what if i messed up. Sucks if it ended up costing me hella more money. I use my car every freaking day, w/o it my life would crash. my car is 97 with 93k miles. I can get a 104k 99 tib for 2300 and could be 5 spd. I jus think hmm, is it worth it to do the swap or just get a new rd. Thats whats on my head now. 1 i keep it and mod it, or 2 stop modding and get the 5spd.

Good luck though, ur car would finally be able to run at its full potential.
Old 11-30-2006, 06:55 PM

^amen to that, and hopefully my mechanic will agree to do it. he has extensive knowledge and has the salvage car for parts. the price will be hooked up because he's just simply a great person. it's a matter of his time and it working ok.

rd1, i'd suggest for you to watch for me. i feel the same as you and am shaky about it right now. i'll tell you all information if it does get done.
Old 11-30-2006, 08:01 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

^^ The same one that can't wire and get an o2 sensor to work properly?
Old 11-30-2006, 08:04 PM

hellz no. my car is near alexandria, VA with its father wink1.gif if you've ever seen Gremlins, this is like Gizmo being returned to Mr. Wing at the end of the movie smile.gif

the O2 sensor guy, ah yeah that's me! lmao.gif