Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Fuel Problem

Old 09-06-2008, 12:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

I am now getting a fuel pressure reading on my gauge. Still no injector activity. In the haltech tuner when cranking I see no injector duty cycle or anything.

**UPDATE**

MJ, bumped the injectors with 12v and heard them click.

I got it running, I have fuel flow. The harness for the CKP sensor on the front of the block was pulled out about 1/4 inch. I just started following wires to all the sensors and noticed it. Now that I know it will work its way out I need to get a new clip for it. Anyone making a junkyard run?

Thanks for all the help. I think that there were actually two problems that's why this was a little confusing.

Problem #1: MAP sensor wiring was poorly crimped and loose. Vacuum line running to Aeromotive pressure regulator was cracked. After fixing these problems I started seeing fuel pressure.

Problem #2: CKP sensor harness is missing the clip, worked it's way loose. After fixing this the car fired up.
Old 09-06-2008, 12:19 PM

If you're talking about the little cheesy metal clip that holds the connector in place, then I'd recommend just using some wire and twisting it to lock it on. I hate those stupid things. They always fly off when I work on my car, and it just pisses me off because now I have to go hunt it down. 02.gif
Old 09-06-2008, 03:39 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Use a strong paperclip and form a new clip with it, it'll work just as good. I can get you one soon if you want, but let me check the garage first.
Old 09-06-2008, 08:01 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

PM me if RED ZMAN doesn't have the clip for you.