Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Frozen Intake...read!

Old 06-05-2002 | 05:17 AM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

Running nitrous "through" the TB lines would require you to vent the nitrous to the atsmophere via the other hose. So you would have to run it in one side of the TB, and out the other into the open air.

The problem with this is you could actually "freeze" the TB by allowing it to ice up/frozen condensation on the TB butterfly.

I'm not too sure that temps that cold would be good for the TPS either.

Lastly...the air spends such little time in the TB (it's what..maybe 4-5" long) it would not do much cooling. The benefits to be gained are with cooling the CAI (longest run of air) or the IM (next longest).
Old 06-05-2002 | 05:30 AM

Bringrice:
Has anyone thought about lining their Intake with this experimental material called a Peltir junction? Pretty mushc it opereates like, if there is a positive amount of energy on one side (Heat) than an equally negative amount of energy (Cold) will be applied to the other side. So if you havent figured this out yet, you line your intake with the "heat side" facing out, and the "cool side" facing in. Scientist use this material on space shuttles for cooling persons, im not sure about personal auto uses. Anyways, im going to try to apply for a grant from the government to run an "experiment" with this stuff and see how the results turn out. Any other nutty suggestions?
DUDE that is $$$$ BLING BLING
Its also called an "active heatsink"

I have a 1.5 by 1.5 sqaure for my computer it was 30 bucks.
Good luck but things to remember.
The stuff is brittle.
IF you get this to work (building it into the tube) you will have to dump as much heat as you make cold..

its bi-directional. If you cool 70 watts you make 70 watts.

Its fun to make for you computer though and yes it gets Really cold (frost forms on one side) but the other side can burn (from experiance LOL)
Old 06-05-2002 | 05:31 AM
Super Moderator

techcontib:
Spray the **** out your cone before race or during race. Definatly rice. Maybe will ad and hp or two.lol
Do NOT spray the filter! DO NOT!!!

The "computer duster" stuff is flamable, and you do NOT want that crap getting sucked up by the engine.

you just spray the CAI tubing itself, after wetting it down. NOT THE FILTER.

You can also spray down the IM, just becareful to not OVER cool it and crack the metal.
Old 06-05-2002 | 05:57 AM

Random:
techcontib:
Spray the **** out your cone before race or during race. Definatly rice. Maybe will ad and hp or two.lol
Do NOT spray the filter! DO NOT!!!

The "computer duster" stuff is flamable, and you do NOT want that crap getting sucked up by the engine.

you just spray the CAI tubing itself, after wetting it down. NOT THE FILTER.

You can also spray down the IM, just becareful to not OVER cool it and crack the metal.
Nice Random, you just saved me from blowing myself up
Old 06-05-2002 | 06:53 AM

Like I said those are rice techniques. LOL. But using your A/C what do you think. LMAO
Old 06-05-2002 | 06:44 PM
Super Moderator

Bringrice:
Nice Random, you just saved me from blowing myself up
I doubt if YOU would have blown up, but your motor's internal bits may have exposed themselves to the atsmophere for the first time since assembly in a fairly rapid manner. wink tongue.gif