Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

FordFasteR 1/4 mile times are HERE.!

Old 02-16-2002, 08:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i weighed my car at the track, the machine said it weighs 2850 with me in it.

that is accurate too.

smile.gif

what do you think of my bone stock automatic 14 second elantra ?

one more note, just before i went to the track, i did something to help my automatic trans work better.. i went to the autoparts and i purchased a transmission oil cooler, i bypassed the radiator cooler that the car has from the factory.. that sux because it runs along next to the hot engine coolant, i re-routed the hoses to the front of the drivers side and i mounted the new cooler radiator there. when i was at the track, and i was in the staging lanes waiting to do my burnout, i had my a/c on. this forced the fan on the drivers side to turn on, and in turn cool the oil in the transmission down to a nice chilly cool temp.. when i launched, the car felt like a MONSTER and it chirped hard when i launched, even with my tires nice and warm from a quick burnout.

i was told about the old tranny oil cooler method by a friend of mine who has been racing big block chevy engines for 30 years.. he said that even the smallest oil cooler can work perfectly on a turbo 350 transmission sitting behind an 800 HP big block chevy ! i took his advice and installed one on my 140 hp elantra smile.gif .. i expect my transmission to outlive me. hahahahaaa , i guess only time will tell if it will or not.

[ February 16, 2002: Message edited by: FordFasteR ]
Old 02-16-2002, 08:44 AM

Vehicle: Ex Hyundai Owner

Bro, calm down, we're all here to help you not put you down, but if you keep claiming that an HP CALCULATOR will always be right rather than a couple of guys that have been in the HYUNDAI TUNING scene for years, and have seen at least 4 dynos of an automatic, elantra and tiburons, then I'm sorry man, people will stop believing you...

No one is debating your times, I believe them, just cause you have NOS to back it up, that's not what we're debating, what we are fighting is the claims of your HP which you got from a calculator... when others have gotten true power from a DYNO that measures your HP at the wheels...

So yes, I am telling you and letting you know that our AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSIONS/DRIVETRAINS suck, and leave us with no HP from 140hp at the flywheel... any stock 2.0l beta will run between 102-105hp at the wheels... sorry man, too many dynos out there to fight that... just research it a little more... Plus a tranny cooler, doesn't mean it will help your tranny which is getting 70hp instantly will live forever, sorry man...

Like I said we're not here to make you feel bad, just to provide you with info we know to be a fact, and that way others aren't thrown into believing something which is not true...
Old 02-16-2002, 09:05 AM

There is nothing bad about a automatic trans i dont know why every body thinks they need a 6spd if you want a 1/4 car its best you have a auto trans but my elantra gt auto has too much slip looking for shift kit I to plan to run low 14s in the 1320 and the auto will handel the power it should handel at the most 250hp . eek.gif
Old 02-16-2002, 09:15 AM

250hp well will see.also whp is the real deal the wrx lists@ 227hp but the whp on the allmighty dyno only made 147hp bet that upset a few guys any way i think dealers should list wheel hp not free hp!
Old 02-16-2002, 10:30 AM

The only thing I wonder about is the GST Eclipse running 16.42 thats pretty slow for one running 16lbs of boost. That guy must of feel asleep at the line and forgot to wake up.
Old 02-16-2002, 10:33 AM

Yes, again, stock elantras/tiburons are dynoed to 104-106 HP at the wheels. Ive seen a auto tiburon with a CAI, plus a 50 shot of NOS dyno at less than 149HP.
Old 02-16-2002, 10:56 AM

Vehicle: Custom Wagon

I always heard that you lose about 20% power through the drive train so if you take 20% out of 140. You get 112HP thats about right so maybe that figure isn't to far off. What did the auto Tiburon with H/I/E dyno at again I cant remember.
Old 02-16-2002, 11:15 AM

My stock Tib times are almost as fast as the Mitsu. lol
Old 02-16-2002, 11:44 AM

i used the horsepower calculator to determine the eclipses power level...

the guy in the car was about 210 lb... an eclipse of that year weighs just under 3000lb DRY, so i figure with fuel and driver it was just about 3300 lb... so i'll use that number as a base ... his 1/4 mile MPH was @ 88.08 mph...

Horsepower calculator says:

Your trapspeed was 88.08 miles per hour
and your vehicle weight was 3300 pounds.

You are making 179 hp.

a stock GS-T makes 210 engine HP, and dyno just under 170 hp at the wheels.

he had an intake/muffler on that car.. and he said it was running 16 psi of boost..

i also did not mention to you all that i had another run on the 1/4 mile.. i did not warm up the tires.. and i didnt hook until after the 60 foot mark.... i had to let go of the button and hit it again 3 times before i finally hooked... i ran 16.02 @ 93.29 MPH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so my horsepower numbers are quite accurate.

and the GS-T was either not really boosting as much as he claimed... or he drove it really bad....

smile.gif STEVE.
Old 02-16-2002, 11:49 AM

Initial Readings
READING OUTPUT UNITS
WEIGHT 2850 pounds
TRAP SPEED 93.83 mph
E/T 15.298 seconds
Dyno Readings
READING OUTPUT UNITS
Total Horsepower 187 bhp
Horsepower Used 157 bhp
Best E/T 14.42 seconds
Fuel Readings
READING OUTPUT UNITS
Specific Fuel Consumption 93.91 pounds/hour
Fuel Pump Capacity 56.34 liters/hour
Optimal Fuel Pump Capacity 67.61 liters/hour
Injector Flow Rate 13.50 lb/hr Injectors

that is the info i got from the dyno calculator... i wonder if the part that says "horsepower used = 157 HP" .. if that is the WHEEL HP.. and the "TOTAL Horsepower = 187" is the ENGINE horsepower....

if i misread that info.. then i am off by a LONGSHOT.

smile.gif I WONDER... ? hehehe