Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Exhaust Stings My Ears

Old 08-09-2005, 10:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

QUOTE (HyundaiKitCoupe @ Aug 9 2005, 09:01 PM)
ok, i will get the slim fans first and see if that helps. OP, i don't want to take up your time in front of school and all... but if you're able to soon would you be able to tell me where you got your glasspack done? and how long it took?

how would i be able to custom mount the fans? are they easy to hook up?

Got it from summitracing.com and got it welded at this place near me. The whole welding will take 15 minutes, but waiting could be up to 2 hours sometimes. Very busy place.

Fans could be easily mounted with just some wire or something. If you really want, just go with FAL, since they should be bolt-ons, right?
Old 08-09-2005, 11:21 PM

Is the muffler straight through? If so, I don't think anything will completely get rid of the buzz.
Old 08-10-2005, 02:25 AM

It's a cheap coffee can that Tim used. So, yeah, it's straight through...
Old 08-10-2005, 09:13 AM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

i think i know the cause if you can help me out. meineke fudged up bad... i don't think it's tim's parts that are causing the buzz. they bent the original apexi design and compacted it into smaller bends... ****

i totally ****ed myself over. the muffler isn't that slanted as it's supposed to be, it's many degrees off, many. they bent the sh*t out of it if you look under, there's a bunch os bends, one or two even past 90 degrees on the second pipe! WTF... I think that's what's causing the buzz!

the pipes were damn fine... why did they mangle it up damnit!! ARRR.

I should have gotten a Motoria F**K.
Old 08-10-2005, 12:31 PM

wtf did they do to your exhaust??? huh?
Old 08-10-2005, 12:46 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

ug, and thats why i do my own work. if i had someone else work on my car it would NEVER be a chain place. it would be an individually owned local place, much better quality work... oh well, tell us how it works out. I guess they decided to take it upon themselves to customize your custom exhaust?
Old 08-11-2005, 01:59 PM

yes, they customized the exhaust man... i'm so pissed!! they pretty much compacted the bends and mandrel bent like 2 more bends into a zig zag shape. and it is a straight through... there is a High Flow Cat, but no resonators or Dyniomax/Carsound Muffler or glasspacks or anything, just regular Dynomax pipe attached to the downpipe. but i can't imagine why it's buzzing and where it's coming from. i mean, i know it's mild steel pipe but hot damn, if a glasspack won't fix it? what will? a new muffler? a new exhaust?! aaah!

tomorrow i will take a picture of under the car so you guys can really see the work done and evaluate it. i appreciate your time to help a poor tib and my poor ears.

thanks OP... i might order one if i can determine the cause of the buzz. honestly i need to research on the wherebouts of rice buzz. i mean if it's due to the wierd bends or it's from the shaking of the tin muffler... youch. i mean... it's ONLY when i push the gas. normally it sounds pretty nice and pretty deep but when you give it a lot of gas (say you want to give it a good dose of throttle) BZZZZT.

but the sound now is unsatisfactory. i wanted it to sound like a bimmer not a bommer.
Old 08-11-2005, 02:15 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

Why would a shop RUIN your exhaust by adding there own SHITTY bends when it's not needed without consulting you first? Man I would be PISSSSED mad.gif

Make sure to take some pics to show us.
Old 08-12-2005, 04:18 PM

OK, so my car is S L O W. I was wondering if the cause could be that the second (rear) O2 Sensor is plugged in front of the cat and the first sensor is unplugged because it's slower than before the headers and exhaust were on!!! mad.gif

So I'm trying to get a new sensor. I was wondering if this one fits our plugs and will work?

O2 Sensor 4 Wire Connection

I don't want to spend a lot of money on a new sensor if it will do the job. I do not have the old sensor anymore. Will this be the correct sensor to buy?

There is a CEL on right now... wondering if I plug a new one in and everything goes back in place, if the car will be faster? At least because it's crautomatic and the ECU controls everything.
Old 08-12-2005, 04:31 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

I wouldn't trust that.

This is what I would do. Visit a local part store and ask for a Boch 02 sensor universal with 4 wires. ( thats what I have and runs great ) Make sure its the one before the cat ( so the first one ) .

Wire it up and plug it in before the cat. With the 2nd 02 sensor, take it out of the first hole and put it after the cat.

What ever mechanic worked on your car is an idiot. RUINS your exhaust + doesn't even know where to put sensors back?

I hope your taking care of this because I'd want my WHOLE money back.

This is why I do all my work myself.