Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Exhaust question...

Old 12-29-2002, 05:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul
Default Exhaust question...

Ebay Auction...

While doing my eBay screening this month, I came across this item. The ad says this...

00-02 HYUNDAI TIBURON CENTER MOUNT EXHAUST SS

This auction Is for the best sounding and looking Tiburon exhaust around. This system will also give you an extra 20-25 hp too. It did on mine. I have had so many complements on this system. Now you can have it too. This auction is for a 00-02 Tiburon Center mount stainless steel dual outlet exhaust complete. It includes one dual chamber Stainless muffler by Arospeed and the welded pipe for easy installation. The muffler alone retails for 325.00. All you have to do is right were you stock exhaust pipe starts to curve over the rear suspension you cut it off and attach the new one right there. It is easy to do (I would recomend a propessional install it). Shipping is paid by buyer. Any questions please email.
20 - 25 HP gain from a muffler? Is this possible? I didn't think so so I raised my Shananigans Flag and called him on it. This was his return email when I asked him if he had a dyno...

Actually I do. I had a gain of 21.25 hp with my 2000 tiburon. I have a dyno were I work and use it with every upgrade I put on. I have a cold air intake that I gained 24 HP try to top that one. I also have a turbo that I gained over 107hp. What year do you have I think you have bought something form me before? Or you were selling something on ebay before?
Alan
So, that car has a Turbo that he gained over 107HP, a CAI that Gained 24 HP, and a Exhaust that did 21.25? Hmm...

Anyone else here got the BS alarm going full tilt?

Nice system though.
Old 12-29-2002, 09:04 PM

there is no way u r gaining that much from a cai the only one to come that close is aem's cai for the rsx. for the exhaust 4 bangers don't gain that much not even with a turbo only cars that might see that kinda exhaust hp gain is a v8 and a highly restricted turbo
Old 12-29-2002, 09:28 PM

well i could definetly see a 24hp gain, but you'd have to have a small baby lodged in your stock intake box before you'd see that mutch restriction. Mabye he took "paper" filters too literally and had the air flowing through a stack of printer paper. (*sigh*). tell him to post the before and after dyno. On a turbo, it might make that mutch gain if he was originally on stock parts, but its highly doutfull.

It does look pretty badass, its got the boxster-esk type feel. Now if only there was a bad-*** bumber kit that we could get rid of the stock exhaust curve, then it would rock.
Old 12-29-2002, 09:34 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Ehhh, could always just have the stock one cut. Fill in the old one. I dunno.

Sounds like a load of monkey dung though to me.