Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Exhaust Question

Old 12-22-2002, 10:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust Question

Here's a ? for the experts out there.

I have a '03 4cyl tibby and I'm about to put the Alpine kit on it. I've read all the posts on hp.com about people praising KORE and MBRP exhaust systems.
My question is that since I'm running the 4cyl why would I want to have a two muffler exhaust system? Wouldn't my engine be better suited to a larger diameter single muffler system? What I'm thinking of doing is having a system built with just one muffler after the cat that exits to two tips to retain that 'dual' look. Essentially a single exhaust system with two exit points.
What do you think? Aside from being better suited to a 4cyl this would save me some cash on not having to buy two mufflers.
Old 12-22-2002, 10:36 PM

twin would be a waist of money and time let alone probley not going to gain much as far as it being to little restiction with a turbo no the turbo provides all the back pressure you will ever need you could run it straight out of the turbo if you wanted (loud turbo spool) just do one 2 1/2 or 2 3/4 all the way it will be sufficiant.
Old 12-23-2002, 05:55 AM

Anyone that is interested in a single exhaust for the 03 4 cyl. Check in the KORE store after 5:30 today, our shipment arrived and what was supposed to be dual came in as single. We will be setting the price at $399.00 for them.

Thanks
Dave
Old 12-23-2002, 02:45 PM

it may just be me but i found it MUCH cheaper to have one made for me than to buy everything off the shelf the only thing i paid for off the shelf was the muffler and cat.
cost me about 250 all together
Old 12-23-2002, 09:30 PM

tibinprog.:
twin would be a waist of money and time let alone probley not going to gain much as far as it being to little restiction with a turbo no the turbo provides all the back pressure you will ever need you could run it straight out of the turbo if you wanted (loud turbo spool) just do one 2 1/2 or 2 3/4 all the way it will be sufficiant.
100% agreed. My "case study", Relentless (not mine, it's the car I look at online to figure out the best way to do things, guy's a genius that put it together, 10 second K-car) dumps a 3" pip from the outlet of a T3/4 hybrid straight out behind the wheelwell, open. Glorious sound smile.gif

As little backpressure as possible is great. www.thedodgegarage.com somewhere has a comparison of mufflers and exhaust systems, he actually broke out pressure gauges and measured backpressure in the system. He managed to put one system together that had zero pressure...
Old 12-24-2002, 01:40 AM

David ****son
[QB]I have a '03 4cyl tibby and I'm about to put the Alpine kit on it. I've read all the posts on What I'm thinking of doing is having a system built with just one muffler after the cat that exits to two tips to retain that 'dual' look. Essentially a single exhaust system with two exit points. What do you think? QB]
What do I think ? Well I think that you pretty much just described the MBRP exhuast my friend tongue.gif The KORE exhuast slits into 2 pipes right after the catalitic converter. The MBRP exhaust is set up just like what you said you were "thinking" of doing
Old 12-24-2002, 03:48 AM

QUINT:
David ****son
[QB]I have a '03 4cyl tibby and I'm about to put the Alpine kit on it. I've read all the posts on What I'm thinking of doing is having a system built with just one muffler after the cat that exits to two tips to retain that 'dual' look. Essentially a single exhaust system with two exit points. What do you think? QB]
What do I think ? Well I think that you pretty much just described the MBRP exhuast my friend tongue.gif The KORE exhuast slits into 2 pipes right after the catalitic converter. The MBRP exhaust is set up just like what you said you were "thinking" of doing
Wow imagine that, I posted that i have 5 single exhausts..... They do NOT split into 2 it goes directly out 1 for the 4 CYl becuase the supplier had mis-communication.

Oh yeah i posted them for $399.00 in the store.

Do people read? or just post?
Old 12-24-2002, 01:51 PM

heres a question for you guys....all the ppl i know up here in thier talons or clipses get 3" downpipes and 3" exhausts......soooo y would you want to do n e thing smaller on your turbo tib?¿ as far as i know turbos dont like restrictive exhausts so the less abckpressure the better.....in otherwords the bigger the better