Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Exhaust-o2 sensor

Old 02-16-2002 | 04:23 AM

Default Exhaust-o2 sensor

I currenty have a 00 Tib with a MBRP cat-back on and some newly purchased SR Headers and carsound cat to be put on. I have tried to do my homework and know i need to take the whole thing into the shop for some custom work. Most of the work will be chopping down my catback so the cat-converter will fit between the cat-back and headers. Here is my problem, one o2 sensor goes in front of the cat one behind it but from what i have read you just extend them by unmounting the plastic ties. Also the 2nd one to be customed some where on the exhaust. I Just finished unmounting some of the ties just to see if the first o2 sensor will reach it's place on the SR header and I just don't see how to get it to reach. What i did notice is that both sensors are connected at the first plastic tie. Is there some extension that can be bought(o2 sensor-extension-1st connector)or how do you get the sensors to reach??? and are all of my above assumtions correct???
Old 02-16-2002 | 05:32 AM

Buy color coded wires and extend both cables. I just did my header installation yesterday, and I'm totally satisfied with it... except that it is damn loud! I need to put some glasspack.

By the way, you need to purchase O2 sensor connector and weld them to your exhaust pipe. Then just screw in your extended O2 sensor then you are done. Happy driving smile.gif
Old 02-16-2002 | 06:31 AM

Each o2 sensor has 4 wires,so i strip them and extend them. Cool, Just like a stereo, but what kind of CC wires did you use,is their a preffered type(ex:heat resistant) and where do you get them? Also where do you get the o2 connector to weld to the exhaust?finally what is a glasspack?
Old 02-16-2002 | 07:32 AM

The best way I have found to extend harness wires so that the extension could be taken out. I use a weather proof Deutsch or weather pak connectors. In areas of extreme moisture or road salts, they can penetrate your normal solder and heat shrink job, once salt or water get to the bare copper, electrolysis will setup and the wire will disolve over time.