Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Everyone Look..*Opinions Please*

Old 07-14-2001, 04:21 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T
Default Everyone Look..*Opinions Please*

Okay, check this out: Click Here

How hard would it be to fabricate this onto a Tib? I like this idea very much, and I'm thinking that I'm gonna buy this within the next couple of days...BUT..I need to know how much fabrication will be needed to get it to fit. I know the applications are for Honda, but all I really need is the intercooler part. The piping I should be able to get from any Home Depot or hardware store, right? If anyone knows what piping I would need to get this to fit, it would be alot of help. Thanx so much!
Old 07-14-2001, 06:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, I saw that also...and it got me thinking of making my own like that....As I have an extra K & N square filter just sitting here.
Old 07-14-2001, 07:55 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

It is possible, but not realistic. I saw you posted this on fxtreme as well, I'm sure Red has blasted the device much better than I could..but here goes.

#1. Where you would install it? The lower air dam feeds the radiator? Do you want to cut off air flow to your radiator? I think not. Okay...now you are forced to install it somewhere where there is minimal air flow.

#2. You will need LOADS of piping to get that "cold" air up to the throttle body. You've looked at the front bumper/radiator arrangement. There is no where to run the air tube. it will have to be at least 4-6' long. All those bends and twists hurt air velocity. Also...you will be heating that air up as you run it through those tubes through that hot engine bay, near the radiator...etc..etc..etc..

It is really a "neat" idea, that at least on our cars...fails the "install" test. If you were to put a cutout on your hood, and mount the air cleaner up, flush with the surface...that might work. But it would get damn soggy every time it rained!
Old 07-14-2001, 07:59 AM

but which one is the best for a tiburon application
Old 07-14-2001, 09:50 AM

random you could use the wrx air scoop and put it under there much like the intercooler on the wrx is placed, now i like this thing pretty much too
Old 07-15-2001, 10:11 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

Originally posted by gappi:
random you could use the wrx air scoop and put it under there much like the intercooler on the wrx is placed, now i like this thing pretty much too

But the intercooler can get wet. If you put an air filter there, every time you drove in the rain it would suck water into the intake, and it would only be about 6" from your intake manifold! Not a good thing!