Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Engine Trouble

Old 09-29-2005 | 04:10 PM

OK here is the news. 02.gif

Engine failure has been caused by the thermostat locking/freezing up. So my engine is toast, as per hyundai covering some of the bill >< not looking to good. The general manager has spoke with hyundai and they are not willing to budge at all because I am the 3rd owner on the vehicle.

Atm I am left with 2 options...

1-Rebuild current engine Rough estimate 2500+new radiator etc..
2-Junkyard motor with 37k+warrenty on it.

Since my vehicle has 60,237*** on it leaning towards the rebuild of current engine because I know it has been well maintained. They are going to fax me a list of the issues/parts needed etc..

Shit happens! I love it, best part is all this shit happened after I left my house. Being that I just booked a cruise for my family about 30min prior. ^^ So will be making a decision on which route to take within the next 2 hours before the service department closes. Leaving in 12hours and counting for Vacation!

Trancematic = owned.gif
Old 09-30-2005 | 01:27 AM

If it would let me edit the above post I would to add, so please forgive me.

Anyways dealership is ordering the junkyard motor with 37k on it and going to install it next week. Going to cost me around $2800 for engine/install/radiator etc..

Benefit is that it comes with a 12month/12k mile parts and labor warrenty fing02.gif But I did have a question, should I have the dealership do maintenance on the used motor prior to install? other then the basics like timing belt etc.?