Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Engine Trouble

Old 09-25-2005 | 09:11 PM

seeing as I would not drive the car the way it is... I would let your fingers do the walking and start making calls.
Old 09-25-2005 | 09:22 PM

Probably the radiator. Mine went around 60K too.
Old 09-25-2005 | 09:50 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Tiburon

defenetly the headgasket is the problem not a hard fix but definetly takes a weekend or so to do. you have oil n your water n water n your oil definetly your headgasket, water pump wouldnt do that. let me say again headgasket blown and oh ya your headgasket is blown. tongue.gif good luck man at most u will spend 500 unless there screwin u. atleast get three diferent quotes b4 u choose. u can call n get the quotes. if u take it to the dealer they will take your money n allot of it unless they warrenty it but likly they wont.
Old 09-25-2005 | 09:53 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

I think I would second the head gasket motion.
And DAMN that sucks at 60,241.
When you call the dealerships I wouldn't give them any info about your car .. because if that happened to me and nobody would cover it under warranty I would seriously consider removing the dash and rolling my odometer back 1K, LOL.
Old 09-26-2005 | 12:26 AM

Vehicle: Elantra HD / 2007

head gasket

roll back odometer on 1 K, like Zoned said, and try to do it by the warranty.
Old 09-26-2005 | 04:28 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon

I doubt you'll find a dealership to do it with the odometer showing over 60K, even just that much. I hate to say it but did you know that our odometers are very easy to rollback? It's just a slow process and you'll want to make sure to not leave any markings that you have touched it which again should be easy to do.
Old 09-26-2005 | 03:21 PM

Well not looking good so far, spoke to several managers of the service departments at local dealerships, they said If I was original owner and it happened over 100k similiar situation it would be corrected. But because I am the second owner on this vehicle they cannot do any maintenance on the vehicle under warrenty conditions. So >< kinda SOL on this, I have one more manager to speak with on wed. hopefully we can solve this through the warrenty or I may become desperate.. lol I'll keep you posted on what happends.
Old 09-26-2005 | 06:54 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon

That is total BS. It doesn't matter if your the second owner. The warranty should cover you until 60K. Call them on their bluff and find a district manager or something.
Old 09-28-2005 | 08:36 PM

From working in the field, I'd say throw a fit/cause a scene, but keep it civil. If you do that they will usually help(maybe not under warranty but at least at a discount). I'd atleast give it a try. If that doesn't work bs them and tell them you bought the car from your brother or something and then it doesn't matter if your the second owner.
Old 09-29-2005 | 05:40 AM

Well I spoke with the general manager of the dealership near my house today and he sounding very understanding. He is charging me the $89.95 diag. fee to take a look at my vehicle and hopefully will get a general understanding of what is the current problem.

On a side note, he looked into my radiator through the cap and it is melted. As he put it my engine is "Cooked". I guess they are planning on doing a test with the thermostat (drop test*). As he said...Hopefully I can get some of it covered under warrenty if the car just fuked up and wasn't caused via owner.

I will keep everyone updated on the thread, He should be calling me back later today with a diagnosis. But for the time being...

I feel owned.gif