Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Engine Skips A Beat

Old 04-10-2009, 03:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

hahah, i'm really sorry for overlooking your replies sooner. my mind has been on my new exhaust. ok yeah RED knows my car exactly but i took out the year because i didn't want anyone to associate it with designer rd1 vs. rd2 "bias". a handful of people were misunderstanding me and getting pissed a few times for being a jerk when i was just having a rational debate that i wanted to know some answers to. if i questioned how our facelift makes sense, giving examples, nobody was willing to give a reasonable answer instead they took it personally and accused me of rd1 favoritism. that was the reason i took out my info and my thoughts. ironic how they should be more optimistic, but more importantly i should be too. i have made many mistakes and learned on my car and have suffered because it's rare within rare.

I have the 2.0 ECU from a regular 2.0. Next, my Idle is so great because of the electronic idle on Revision A. Whenever I press the clutch, the throttle closes and presses a button that says, "take me to exactly 1000 RPM". The custom lever I created for the BBTB works so great it hasn't budged or worn down at all. no firing codes whatsoever, which is why i rpm is good and overall engine itself is good.

Maby im just dumb but I still dont actually know what the problem is your describing.

it happens every time, every day. the car runs great under a light load. let's say i'm at a red light. light turns green, go through 1st, , then 2nd and instead of normal acceleration i punch the gas, the car "putt putts" for about 1 second. this mostly happens in 2nd and 3rd gear although it can happen in 4th but the load must be heavy, say, passengers or cement for example.

i will change my fuel filter and see how dirty it is. it has never been changed @ 130k miles wall.gif first cheap things, then expensive. i ordered from dtn's http://www.hyundaipartsonline.com and for close to 2 years i've ordered about 15-20 things and they are simply wonderful!

Old 04-10-2009, 07:22 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I would still check your spark gap. I had the same symptoms when I put in new plugs from the parts store. It took me forever to figure out because the original ones were worn out and the new ones were improperly gapped, simulating worn out.
Old 04-10-2009, 07:40 PM

^you are completely right. i will do this ASAP. can you give some advice on how to take off boots so i don't break them? using my hands?
Old 04-10-2009, 07:45 PM
DTN

Grasp firmly, twist and grab as low as possible.
Old 04-10-2009, 08:02 PM

Its just how its made, deal with it
Old 04-10-2009, 08:22 PM

bigfish, do you mean the boots? that is where genesis eats us up. it's probably so much user-friendly.

i took out the boots few times before.but the very last time the clip came off the boot and got stuck. it's definitely not convenient. even experienced guys can mess it up. i've already ordered a new fuel filter, gap tool and some new plugs. if that don't cut it, it'll be the coilpack. thank you for your aid.
Old 04-10-2009, 09:22 PM

deleee
Old 04-25-2009, 12:10 AM

i changed, gapped the spark plugs replaced wires. the boot clip was bad. WTF it just came off randomly. not sure why. everything rides ok now!
Old 04-25-2009, 08:57 AM
DTN

whacha mean boot clip? The piece that grabs the spark plug?