Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

engine polishing

Old 06-12-2002, 10:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

croat:
Anything Aluminum can be buffed to a lusterious Chrome look by simply starting with a light/heavy steel wool and working your way to the finest grit.
When finished, use some aluminum polish, and your done. As far as rusting and tarnishing.....not here my freind!

I'de powder coat if I were you my friend.
I get it for $20.00 a valve cover, $50 a wheel, $25 per caliper, and so on. Never fades, corrodes, chips, its high temp, and so on!
but how can you powdercoat the valvecover if its plastic?
Old 06-12-2002, 02:24 PM

Red nice pix!
eek!
Old 06-12-2002, 03:09 PM

"So fresh and so clean"
Old 06-12-2002, 08:23 PM

Vehicle: Lancer Evo IX

revkev6:
"the block, thats cast iron if you have a Beta, so that will be expensive"

what do you mean thats gonna be expensive? you can't just polish cast iron it will just rust. you must paint it. you can polish or chrome most of the bits and pieces though. if you have some power tools and some patience you can do it all yourself. just search on the web for polishing. thats your best bet.
CHROMING is expensive!!! Especially with all the refinishing you have to do after the block has been chromed...
Old 06-13-2002, 10:40 AM

but how can you powdercoat the valvecover if its plastic?
The actual valve cover is Aluminum, the wire cover and the timing belt cover is made of plastic (those can be painted). If you do paint, please use VHT Engine paint. Its one of the only paints on the market that resists heat, 100% chemical resistant, non-fading formula, and so on.