Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

engine flush

Old 12-03-2002, 11:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default engine flush

i think this is the right forum. i havn't flushed my engine in 33,000 miles. i was reading on the board that i should. i'm going to do an oil change this weekend, so when i went to pep boys to buy the oil and filter, i bought some flush to put in there. they had two brands: gunk and gold eagle. i didn't like the looks of the gunk containter (it didn't look easy to pour), so i bought the gold eagle. it says to add to the existing oil, let it circulate for a few minutes, then change the oil. anyway, has anyone heard of this brand or had good or bad experiences with it?
Old 12-04-2002, 01:28 PM

Putting in a 1L of tranny fluid does a better job to clean your motor.You let it run for about 15-20minutes then flush it out and your ready to add fresh oil smile.gif
Old 12-05-2002, 12:18 AM

well i just used the GUNK brand engine flush, then i drained the oil, then i poured a quart of tranny fluid in and let in drain out, then i poured 2 quarts of some $1 oil to catch all the access tranny fluid. all i can say is WOW!!!!! my car has alot more power then its had since it was new. i would tell enyone to try this **** and do as i did. i cant remember when my tires would break lose in 3rd
Old 12-06-2002, 04:03 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

I personally would NOT reccomend using ATF fluid in your oil.

ATF is usually more expensive than engine flush anyway. Engine flush is DESIGNED to break up oil sludge and remove deposits...ATF is designed as a lubricant.

Stick with the Engine Flush.