Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

ecu reflashing

Old 03-20-2010, 09:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1997 hyundai accent swap 2.0 turbo
Default ecu reflashing

id like to get a reflasher i have a 1999 2.0l tib motor and im boosted and id like to do some data logging and reflash the ecu so can someone tell me a good website and some tips
Old 03-20-2010, 10:45 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

If you want to do tuning, you'll have to get a standalone or a piggyback. There are companies that can reflash for you, but it's expensive and you'll have to pay every time you want to change it (although there are usually discounts on future reflashes).
Old 03-21-2010, 01:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 13 Gen Coupe Ult.

QUOTE (ACCENT2.0t @ Mar 20 2010, 11:46 PM)
id like to get a reflasher i have a 1999 2.0l tib motor and im boosted and id like to do some data logging and reflash the ecu so can someone tell me a good website and some tips

Hey Bud, so if your boosted then why go reflash, why not just for with a fuel and timing tuner? Theres several, i am boosted with a beta, i am running the Aem Fic 1910.. which 1910 is the serial number. You can also run a smt or halotec, there are many forms for them, but if you go Aem Fic i know for a fact that it works and does an awesome job, plus it also controls timing. So it works out great! But if you get a reflash it is very genaric and if you want to make big power you would get a street tune, or even a dyno tune is good!